not diving related but.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munkispank

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to ask for advice from those residents of Oahu- more specifically the locations near to UH Manoa. Is the housing situation really that bad????

I am hoping for a place at the university to continue studies and have begun to look around for accommodation just in case- I can only find very expensive options. I know Hawaii is much more expensive then the mainland, but I wasn't quite expecting this. I was hoping I would be able to find a one bed apt for around $1000 a month. I don't know if I would be able to persuade my husband to share again.

Is it just that all the ad's posted online are more expensive? or is it just like Manhattan?
Thanks in advance for any comments

thanks Leesa, so it is at least possible to get something within that vague price range. Thats good news. Now I just have to get a placement :)

A lot depends on the area you are looking to live in. If you require that you live in the university/Manoa area, it will be expensive - just because it's in town and of course, the proximity to the university.

If you are willing to live a little further away, you can definitely find a 1 bedroom for around $1000. It may not be the nicest, newest or most luxurious building, but it will be decent.

For areas in town, try looking in the Makiki area. Tons of apartments - still in town but maybe not as pricey as Manoa/university.

Or try Salt Lake - a little further away, but will be less expensive than Makiki. Reasonably located about halfway between downtown and Aiea.

Thanks chepar, I will certainly check out the areas you mention. I might be better off living a little furrther away.

Back
Top Bottom