Not having fun in my class, having trouble keeping up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't believe they are clipping you an extra 100 bucks. If that instructor was in my shop - not only would he not be getting paid for a student that bailed out of his class due to his attitude... He probably wouldn't be teaching for me any more. I tell my guys we're doing more than teaching scuba... we're selling fun - and if your class is not fun - please go to the competition and teach for them.

Wolfgirl,

I'm glad to hear things are working out better for you. Good luck with you OW dives. One quick comment though... from what I've heard from several of the board members, you won't necessarily lose you contacts if you open your eyes underwater. I haven't had the opportunity to test this myself, but I will be soon. Try it with an old pair of disposables and if you lose them, no big deal.

Have fun. That's what it's all about.
David

Walter:
WAKE UP! This issue was resolved 3 years ago.
Hehe. It does make you wonder though. Did Wolfgirl continue with her diving? What is her take on this three years on?

There might be other newbies reading this thread now currently experiencing the same thing. And there does seem to be a good moral to this story (always consider switching instructors if you're very unhappy with your tuition).

IT never ceases to amaze me how people take advantage of others. Scuba class is getting instructions on life support while underwater and having fun while doing it.

What we have to learn, is how to get what we pay for. Instructor arrogant, nasty, not understanding - ask for a new one. Why? we are paying money ( Hard earned Cash ) to have someone teach us. Don't like the next one, ask for another.

Still not satisfied, get your money back and go to another shop.

Your learning experience should be fun, that is what your there for. Not to mention that the instructions are all about safety.

Hopefully by now you did the right thing and are well on your way to getting certified.

Good luck and Happy diving.

Joe

I had the same problem when doing my OW. What I did find though was everyone felt the same but didn't like to admit it. I used to ask whoever was stood next to me when putting the gear together we used to help each other. (we did get told to be quiet sometimes). I also had trouble hearing what he was saying some of the time as the pool absorbed his voice. It will come to you. Don't let him put you off.

Back
Top Bottom