not sure now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im not registered at Dan yet, can someone pls post a link to where one can read up on diving accidents?

Thats like reading the statistics on motor vehicle accidents and swearing to never enter a car again.

Let me point out though that your odds of getting hit by a drunk diver, or side-swiped by a cell phone driver is significantly lower while diving. Go out, dive and have fun.

Have fun in Cozumel ... keep in mind that, statistically, the most dangerous part of that whole trip is gonna be your ride to and from the airport ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Personally I would avoid anyone who tells you not to read accident reports.
They're a fantastic way to find out how not to dive, and to see how several small problems can turn into a big one in a hurry.

have done the open water and have dove to around 30 feet twice while on vacation. after reading the accident reports and the dan list of incidents, do i really want to do this. diving was at the top of anything i have ever done and i learned my skills really well. my dm has told me to relax and dont read this because there are always other factors involved. please help before i give up. i am relaxed and confident when i dive but cant help to think something is going to go wrong
Do you drive? If the answer is yes, I would not even waste a single thought about the dangers of diving. It's more psychological than anything.

have done the open water and have dove to around 30 feet twice while on vacation. after reading the accident reports and the dan list of incidents, do i really want to do this. diving was at the top of anything i have ever done and i learned my skills really well. my dm has told me to relax and dont read this because there are always other factors involved. please help before i give up. i am relaxed and confident when i dive but cant help to think something is going to go wrong[/QUOT

Seriously, you need to either retake your classes(ie get recertified basically) or get out all together.......I'm thinking you're running down the wrong path.....???Find another sport, maybe.......

I used to work in the Corporate Office of a major Life Insurance company. One of the more interesting things I saw was a listing of accidents payed out on. I don't recall if it was for a year or over a period of years, but what caught my eye was the fact that more people had been killed or injured by attacks from Wild Pigs than had been killed or injured during Scuba Diving activities. This was a long list compiling claims but I've always found that to be funny. At that point I started to realize when done with some sense, scuba is pretty safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom