Not sure where to post this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabunny

Reaction score
..so I figured I'd start here!

Does anyone who where to find a large "tinted" dive flag decal for a store window? Almost like window tinting they put on cars, only from the outside it looks like a dive flag? A friend of mine is helping start a new dive shop, and he saw shops in Thailand with this tinting. It might have been custom made...but I figured if it was available commercially, this would be the place to ask!

Thanks for any help!

Sorry I can't help you, but your post reminded me of something I was looking for a long time ago. I have been looking around for a large canvas scuba flag (4'-5' or bigger) to no avail. If anyone knew where to find such a thing (I know they must exist) they would be my hero! :jester:

Good luck finding the window decal. Just a thought, but have you checked out E-bay or any other auction sites? I'm sure you have already. Well.. good luck.

-ucladiver

Are you thinking of the type of "decal" where from the outside of the store, the viewer would only see what's printed on the decal (in your case, the dive flag) but when inside the store, you can see through it a bit?

If this is the case, I have seen these used as advertising mediums on city busses. Perhaps if you check with a local transit authority, they might have ideas of who you need to talk to. I would also check with the sign and commercial graphic operations.

I am not sure of where you will find a flag in the decal material but you might want to check with Window installers and Glaziers as they use this kind of stuff all the time. You could also have your friend have a Glazier make up a flag of two separate pieces if they dont have the flag. A good sign writer should be able to do that without any hassel.
God Luck
Mike

UCLA Diver (Great school by the way)
You can probably have someone sew this for you. Go to the phone book and look up seamstress, or tailor. I bet they could help. Also under " dressmaker". These people have tons of talent.
:sunny:

Hi Scababunny,

You should try some Specialty Advertising businesses. I've worked in one and they can usually get their hands on anything like this. They get decals for all kinds of businesses. They can put a logo on any product you want. Look in the yellow pages under advertising, specialty

good luck,
Patty

You might check the yellow pages for a flag maker or flag repair in your area. A place that does one, often does the other. I believe there is a place here in my hometown that makes and repairs flags. They make all sizes, even the huge American flags that are like 25' long and what not. I bet a place like that could make you a flag. Good luck on your quest.

Sorry I can't really help you in your quest, Scubabunny. My only thought would be to call a window tinting place and ask them if they had any ideas. Good luck.

I had a feeling the "do it yourself" dive flag window kit didn't exist as such. Besides, most window tinting people do themselves don't turn out very good anyway.

Specialty advertising businesses would probably be a good place to start, but I have a feeling there is no such animal on Guam (could be wrong though!!) I think maybe a car window detailer might be the way to go..after all, glass is glass, right? In any case, I'll pass all the info and ideas on to my friend!

Well Scubabunny, couldn't you get one here in a Specialty Advertising place and send it to her?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom