Notable accessory manufacturers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheQuintessentialMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Recent;y I acquired a pretty stout twin arm tray from a friend but they don't remember the brand. Was hoping to find the names of some more notable brands to check for parts and accessories.

1650075923852.png

Those look like loc-line arms; not specific to underwater photography.

What kind of accessories are you looking for? There are quite a few companies on the market, but most of them work in a specific niche or several.

I'd look at the Fantasea and Light & Motion stuff.....

My Big Blue lights have ball mounts, was trying to find a socket to fit on the end of the arms to accommodate the Big Blue balls...

My Big Blue lights have ball mounts, was trying to find a socket to fit on the end of the arms to accommodate the Big Blue balls...
Not sure if those are 1/2" or 3/4" arms, but Howshot makes ball heads for both:

You can also use YS to ball adapters on the existing heads:

Not sure if those are 1/2" or 3/4" arms, but Howshot makes ball heads for both:

You can also use YS to ball adapters on the existing heads:

OK, so I/m not exactly sure how the industry measures flex arms, the widest part of the ball/socket pieces is 1 3/8". The ball on the light is 1"at the O-ring. From what I'm seeing it appears that I need a ball on the end of the arms and a clamp to "join" the two balls together? Does no one make a "socket" for the light ball besides a clamp?

Back
Top Bottom