Note to self: Press the button on the video camera. Check the light.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

best dive of trip...go to start shooting video...no memory card. Left it in the hotel room. Doh!

It was great to carry the camera the whole dive though. My dive buddies were wondering why i wasn't shooting all of the great stuff we were seeing. bummer.

I set my GoPro on one button video mode and shoot short clips like krukster. Every clip has the same beginning and end; me looking at the camera to see if the red light is on/off. Sometimes the button gets sticky and I gently lube it with silicone grease till it works free again.

When I first started using the gopro, I turned the video off (on) when I left the water. I had a short video of my entry and an hour long video of myself getting out, taking off my gear, getting in my car... very entertaining.

At least you got that!
I turned the video "on" right before jumping in and turned it "off" right before dumping the camera in the camera bucket of the first dive. Or so I thought!
I have great video of a diver walking the deck of a dive boat behind another diver, great footage of the camera bucket and a dead camera battery for the second dive! :shakehead:

I have a bad habit of not turning the camera off when I'm in between shots. I have one video which shows 1 minute of a turtle and 40 minutes of my crotch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys are making me feel a lot better. :confined:

You guys are making me feel a lot better. :confined:

Let's just say that if anyone could tell me how to get the lens cap off a DSLR that is inside a housing in 100' of water, it would come in handy (again) sooner or later... :(

In the analogue era I took a lot of photo 's during a dive with no film in it. Empty battery, leave the video on for thirty minutes after an encounter. Best of all I met a whale shark and was so surprised I forgot to turn the cam on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom