'nother new gal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am also pretty new so welcome to the site as a fellow newbie. :) So far I have found this palce useful and I hope you will too. I have a strong love for sharks and the conservation of sharks so we have a little in common. Our birthdays are only two days apart....we should get along fine. :) Welcome!

Hi Nature Diver, cheers for your message. What sharks d'yu see diving over there?
Where is Greenville SC? my geography of the USA is embarassingly bad!

So youre a stuffy Capricorn like me then?! Or did you score the rather cooler Aquarius?
Holly

Aqua angel - thats a damn fine shark youve got...

Hullo 2u2 canuckdiver..

Aquacatfighter - wow, youre ARE a scuba babe!

Holly

Greetings to you Holly! Another Capricorn like me (the Aquarius of my family is my son) from what it shows on your last post, and quite an interesting job to boot :wink:

Aloha~

Hi Cbulla,
so are we capricorns actually supposed to have any interesting, positive traits?! All that ive ever seen written down sounds v tedious. Have wondered if im actually an aquarius trapped in the body of a goat...!
But enuf of that nonsense...

Yeah the jobs cool, but its really up in the air as far as guaranteed hours - due to funding delays. This current bit of work's coming to an end for this year v soon, so Im on the hunt for other bits and bobs. Please, no more office temping!! Noooooo! Anything but that (no offence meant to office temps).

Just started doing a bit of teaching on a marine biology course at the local college... had my first lesson this morning. Nervous?? ridiculously so! But i survived : )

okay, gotta go eat, im starving!
Holly

..I scored the Aquarius. January 21st, I just made it. :) Unfortunately there are no sharks here. I'm about 4 hours from the coast unfortunately. I love sharks and would love to dive with every single species so I am currently looking for employment somewhere where many sharks are at my fingertips. The only diving we have is at the lakes. I just recently came back from the Virgin Islands and I must say the diving is much better there. :) Anyway, welcome and enjoy the boards.

I passed through Falmouth a couple of times this summer. I visited friends in Porthleven and we went through Falmouth on a couple of excursions in and around Cornwall. It was hot this summer in England, for sure! I told some friends that it was the first time I've ever come back from the UK with a tan...LOL

Very nice to meet you. Welcome to the Scubaboard! :hi:

holly sheldon once bubbled...
so are we capricorns actually supposed to have any interesting, positive traits?! All that ive ever seen written down sounds v tedious. Have wondered if im actually an aquarius trapped in the body of a goat...!
But enuf of that nonsense...

P'raps that's because, like myself, you are on the cusp with Aquarius - perhaps that explains the need to dive? :)

Dom

Happy to say I managed to hold on long enough to be born an aquarius, much to my mothers discomfort.

Welcome to the Board. Don't forget to pop in to the UK Wreck Ferrets area and say hello. You could always invite us UK folk down to see the sharks.

Enjoy

Conor

BTW Devonshire Arms ? You can tell a lot about someone from the pub the drink in :)

you should have tried the philippine reefs when you were in the region... or did you?
i read that you're also into marine biology...
i'm planning to take up my masters in marine science after, perhaps, i finish my law degree and hopefully pass the bar...:rolleyes:

btw, you teach marine biology?
i'll ask for your advice when i finally pursue it...
that is if it's ok with you...

Back
Top Bottom