'nother new gal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Scubatexan - glad u enjoyed the tropical Cornish summer! Did u know Porthleven is home to Cornwall's only reef (surf) break? Ah hah! Had some wicked surf recently... the end of that recent hurricane... 6foot+ and offshore...mmmmmm

Its getting cold here now, best get some pasties on the fire...
Nice to meet you too...

Conor - so what d'you reckon the Devonshire Arms says about me?! T'was my local, as I lived on that very road. Trying to remember where else was good back then... I was a bit of a grungy/indie kid at the time! The Cambridgeshire Arms possibly...

Course I'll invite you ferrets down... have to be next May now though if you want the chance of seeing sharks!

Hi Joele - nope, never made it to the Philipinnes, but I will one day! I have a Philippino-Sabahan friend who made it sound very tempting.... plus i hear you have a good population of whale sharks?

My background is more coastal zone management than Marine biology - im currently teaching 'environmental interpretation' (i.e. how to educate the public about certain sites eg terrestrial/marine reserves using information boards, boat trips with commentry, guided walks, sensory trails, video links etc)
But id be happy to try and answer any questions...
nice to meet you : )

Holly
:)

I was kidding, The Devonshire went through a very suspect patch in the late 90's but when I have been there recently it has been fine.

If you were a grungy/indie kid then you probably know the King Street Run and Cam Bar pretty well. :)

I must admit one of the nice things about living within reach of Mill Road is the selection of Pubs....there is something for every mood/night /taste around there.

thanks for the reply, holly...
i will tempt you some more to dive in the Philippines... =-)

whale sharks are usually here during the months of march to may... however, sometimes they differ...
a lot of marine scientists are still baffled with their "travelling" behavior and still can't determin exactly when whale sharks do arrive, except just assume and estimate that they'll be here around that time...

about taking marine science, i have yet to enroll and finish a lot of science subjects before i can get into the program...
oh well... though i'd still give it a try...

anyway, if you want to visit the Philippines, just PM me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom