'nother silly question! ('bout glasses)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon-boi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi folks,

Okay - I have a silly question to ask....I'm a speccy 4 eyes.....What do people do with their glasses during a dive....?

I'm getting lenses inserted into my mask but I'd like to take my glasses along so I can see before and after a dive.....is there a sort of protective container I can get or something?

I'll be doing my PADI OW mid July and I am sooooo looking forward to it! :D

My glasses stay with my gear bag or in the car. I am one of the lucky few that the natural magnification of the water through my regular mask lenses corrects my vision to almost perfect. I'm blind as a bat without my glasses on land though.:wink:

You might also want get a small dry bag...I use a Hefty zip lock freezer sack. Heck of alot cheaper than a standard dry bag. I would think most glasses cases have a soft lining that could get wet. So a dry bag would keep the case dry...

Great to hear you are going to get certified soon...And welcome to the boards...

I used disposable contacts for diving before I had Lasik.

One day disposables for diving, glasses most of the rest of the time, 2 week disposable contacts occassionally.

I had way too much eye crap....

-Brandon.

If you have a hard case for your mask (if you don't have one, I would advise getting one), you can put your glasses in the mask case. You don't have to remember anything extra to bring along.

tstormwarning:
My glasses stay with my gear bag or in the car. I am one of the lucky few that the natural magnification of the water through my regular mask lenses corrects my vision to almost perfect. I'm blind as a bat without my glasses on land though.:wink:
I'd be curious to know what your prescription is, Tammy. I'm new to diving and decided my first purchase will be a prescription mask with drop-in lenses. (Fortunately, I have a straightforward prescription with no astigmatism.) While I wouldn't classify myself as blind as a bat on land, I didn't find the u/w magnification to be quite enough. (I did my check out dives with a non-prescription mask.)

TIA! :)

divingjd:
If you have a hard case for your mask (if you don't have one, I would advise getting one), you can put your glasses in the mask case. You don't have to remember anything extra to bring along.

Yes, that's what my GF does. It's been working fine for her.

Good luck, and safe diving!

Alex

It's what I do as well. If you don't have one, go to a department store and look for a tupperware type container shaped much like a mask. I've found a couple different ones. They work great for the mask. When the mask comes of the glasses go in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom