notice to the Freaks ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I try to stay out of your board ... and out of your LDS politics ... because it is so often contentious. And I figure you kids can figure out how to play together, or not.

However, I've removed the recent thread on dive shop ratings, because it degenerated beyond anything I think belongs on ScubaBoard.

Before anybody goes crying about moderators, conspiracies, or any other such nonsense, let me just set the record straight. This was my decision ... not that of any of the mods involved. In fact, I think that not all of them will agree with my decision. So be it ... I have the best interest of all of you at heart.

There are people on both "sides" of this ongoing debate who I consider friends ... although I have never met most of you except through electronic communication of one sort or another. To air dirty laundry ... as happens more on the Freaks forum than anywhere else in ScubaBoard ... doesn't help make anybody look good ... all it does is feed the trolls. And dirty laundry stinks no matter who's laundry it happens to be.

I think y'all need to give it a rest already. Maybe log off and go diving or something.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I try to stay out of your board ... and out of your LDS politics ... because it is so often contentious. And I figure you kids can figure out how to play together, or not.

However, I've removed the recent thread on dive shop ratings, because it degenerated beyond anything I think belongs on ScubaBoard.

Before anybody goes crying about moderators, conspiracies, or any other such nonsense, let me just set the record straight. This was my decision ... not that of any of the mods involved. In fact, I think that not all of them will agree with my decision. So be it ... I have the best interest of all of you at heart.

There are people on both "sides" of this ongoing debate who I consider friends ... although I have never met most of you except through electronic communication of one sort or another. To air dirty laundry ... as happens more on the Freaks forum than anywhere else in ScubaBoard ... doesn't help make anybody look good ... all it does is feed the trolls. And dirty laundry stinks no matter who's laundry it happens to be.

I think y'all need to give it a rest already. Maybe log off and go diving or something.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Good idea, lets go diving :D
Groundhog, up for an afternoon or evening dive somewhere?

[NWGratefulDiver I think y'all need to give it a rest already. Maybe log off and go diving or something.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)]

Hello

I have heard nothing but excellent things about you. I did what you said and came back to a very nasty e-mail that was directed to another. It was a threat. That should have been responded too quickley and in the open as to show good will.

Anyhow I think the SB is excellent so is the NWDiver both site are great to exchange ideas and thoughts about something we all love Diving.

Cheers
Derek

Thanks for cleaning it up NWGratefulDiver!!! You should have dropped by sooner.

finally someone with sense...we all know why the ontario section is the way it is...too many people who think they know it all but thankfully there are some there that actually have sense too..hmm wonder how long it will take to get slammed on this one...anyone care to take bets??

I think that by and large most of us are nice folk. I've met quite a few divers around here and I can't say that I've met anyone that takes that sort of attitude. It just seems that for some reason, some online discussions around here just have a habit of degenerating....

Like most groups 99% of the people don't cause problems but if the offending 1% does enough harm then the entire group is effected as is the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom