November 2012 Cozumel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tossil and soon to be wife, 11/16-12/2 Staying at Aura Cozumel Grand Resort and diving with Aldora Divers.

Me and dive buddy on "Mancation" 11/10 - 11/17 - Hotel Cozumel / Dive Paradise. My 5th trip to Cozumel, love this place. Third time at Hotel Cozumel/Dive Paradise.

Comming down solo 11/30 12/04 staying @ Sabor diving w/ Dive Palancar?

Leaving for my first trip to Coz on Nov. 8th! Diving with Pro Dive Mexico.

Seems to be nice high (pressure) sitting over the gulf setting up some nice weather for you folks on the island. It would be nice if it shifted south a tad but looks to be really nice. ITCZ is low and no trough's moving across the Atlantic:
http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/UA/Atl_Tropics.gif
Nothing big with circulation on the horizon coming across the Atlantic from Africa:
Interactive Weather Satellite Imagery Viewers from NASA Earth Science Office
As an added bonus there is a bunch of dry air from the Sahara desert (depicted as red/orange/yellow in this image) which should help drain any moisture from any forming cyclonic development:
Saharan Air Layer (SAL) - Split Window - MET-9 - Latest Available
I wish I was on the island to experience this new high.
Really envious of Sallye's Hammerhead tales as well. I need to figure out a way to be on island more...

Seems to be nice high (pressure) sitting over the gulf setting up some nice weather for you folks on the island. It would be nice if it shifted south a tad but looks to be really nice. ITCZ is low and no trough's moving across the Atlantic:
http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/UA/Atl_Tropics.gif
Nothing big with circulation on the horizon coming across the Atlantic from Africa:
Interactive Weather Satellite Imagery Viewers from NASA Earth Science Office
As an added bonus there is a bunch of dry air from the Sahara desert (depicted as red/orange/yellow in this image) which should help drain any moisture from any forming cyclonic development:
Saharan Air Layer (SAL) - Split Window - MET-9 - Latest Available
I wish I was on the island to experience this new high.
Really envious of Sallye's Hammerhead tales as well. I need to figure out a way to be on island more...

Yes. Yes you do! That weather sounds magnificent.

Was a murderer of something other than lionfish last night at Wet Wendy's. They hosted a Halloween murder mystery, and I, Felicia Gagne, former star of the soap opera Cruel Temptations, was a suspect in the untimely demise of rich-guy-businessman. It was such a great time!

Took the morning off but saw two eagle rays at P. Caves this afternoon. One was more than twice the size of the other. They were pretty close, came in closer, turned and swam away from the wall. Then they wheeled around and came back to us. It was a nice long encounter!

Ya shoulda been there!

Last edited:
Pelagicsal 9/8 - 12/15 Seaside bungalow south/ Aldora
Bluesteal, solo, 10/26-11/05, staying and diving Blue Angel
thibert Oct. 31 to Nov 7th, Sabor
jbjclj Jay and Cheryl 10/31-11/19 **10/31-11/7 -Blue Angel-Blue Angel; **11/7-11/19 Fiesta Americana - BlueXTSea and Living Underwater
dougr52+ wife, 10/31 - 11/7, SABOR / Dive Palancar
Kjsmith84 + 6 others - 11/2 - 11/7 Fiesta americana - diving with The Dive House.
Fin59 & Dive-Ho Nov 2 - 10. Hotel Cozumel & Dive With Martin
Scubagal, hubby, + 5 friends, Nov. 3-10, El Cantil Penthouse unit Deep Blue
Fishin42 and wife 11/3 - 11/11 Hotel Cozumel and dive with martin!
Crux + Wife 11/3 - 11/10 staying at Hotel Cozumel and diving with Living Underwater
John Larsen 11/3-10 group of 5-8 staying at Coral proncess and diving with Pepe Scuba
Larry and Janna Nov3 - 10 Scuba Club Cozumel
Colodale and wife + 2 Canadien friends, 11/5 - 11/15, Reef Regency, Bottomtime divers
Slater + wife Nov 6-12th Villa Aldora / Aldora Divers
Budababe +1 Nov. 7-14 @ mi casa, Summer Breezes in Corpus Christi. Diving w/ ?
Mr. Bubbles November 7 - 17 with the wife. Staying at the Cozumel Palace and diving with Pelagic Ventures.
txoft30 Nov. 8 - ? Diving with Pro Dive Mexico
Darol Nov. 9 thru 16th. Hotel Cozumel
neaville and dive buddy 11/10 - 11/17 - Hotel Cozumel / Dive Paradise.
BettyinToronto + Hubby Nov 10 - 17 SCC
Sherpakroto + Wife Hotel Coz 11/10-17 diving with Alison
andyvaughn + Boyfriend November 10-18th Sabor/ ?
firechuk + Meg 11/10 -11/17 leading a trip for Aquatrek Adventures to the Hotel Coz and Resort HUGE group!! Diving with Dive Paradise
diverokc 11/11- 11/19 at hotel cozumel diving with DP.
loudives Lou and Nancy 11/12-22 Reef Regency Bottomtime Divers
jen5 + Husband 11/12-11/20 the Palace / Living Underwater
pelagic_by_nature 11/12-11/19 Hotel Cozumel, Diving with Aldora
mtabor and wheelydiver Nov 14-19 hotel coz likely dive paradise
Tossil and soon to be wife, 11/16-12/2 Staying at Aura Cozumel Grand Resort and diving with Aldora Divers.
bap 11/17- 11/20 Iberostar ,Raul from Bottom Time Divers. 21st will be diving cenotes
Dan G + mi familia 11/17 - 11/24 Hotel Coz/ Blue XTSea/ Blue Angel
ATATT & DTATT 11/17-12/1 Cozumel Palace diving with Scuba Mau
islanddream and hubby November 17 - 24 : Blue Angel
1erCRU + Wife 11/18-11/25, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers. Aldorans totalmente
Windspirit + The Boss -- 11/24-12/8 Blue Angel
Espantoon+Wife 11/25-11/30 Most likely Blue Angel resort. Diving with ?
phras Nov 28 through Dec 6. Staying at Iberostar with large group, only 2 of us diving though. Scuba with Alison of course
h2odave 11/30-12/04 solo; staying @ Sabor diving w/ Dive Palancar?

Fewer than 2 weeks to go for us! :D

Just need to get rid of this nasty head cold coursing through the family. Working in a petri dish has that effect.

What an awesome looking list!

Pelagic by nature and mtabor, looks like we ought to find it easy to run into each other. I'll be the guy traveling with 6 females, ranging from ages 7-73.

I really think we can make an afternoon one tank dive happen with Blue Angel on their big boat.(if the group is big) If not, we can just take out one of their pangas) Do something close by and come back to BA for happy hour- which is 2 for 1 apps and drinks. Who's in?

One undetermined day during week of 11/19 - 11/22 SB one tank afternoon boat trip followed by happy hour: (hopefully Blue Angel)
Dan G + 1 (2)
Karibelle (1 + MJ maybe???)

Harro10 + Marianne(non-diver) 11/27-12/4, Stayig at Blue Angel, diving - undecided at this time

7 days and 40 minutes until wheels down on Cozumel:banana:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom