November Folks! Who's Going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water temp was 82* today. I have a 3mm shorty with sleeves and I was fine. See you on Alison's boat in a few days!

Water temp was 82* today. I have a 3mm shorty with sleeves and I was fine. See you on Alison's boat in a few days!
Looking forward to it!!! And thanks for the update .... really didn't want to bring the full 3mil, and the shorty will be fine at that temp!!

Woo Hoo!!!! What sites did you hit today??? How were the water temps??? Still waffling on which wetsuit to bring .... we'll be there in 3 days!!

We did Palancar Caves and Cedral Wall yesterday. My computer was showing 81-83 temps, I dove in a skin and was fine.
I just finished breakfast and I'm headed out for four dives today.

I also went to El Moro last night for the Sunday special and gave them a heads up about a dozen were coming Friday about 6ish for dinner and cocktails.

Posted using Tapatalk

My 4-5 day bathroom remodel has turned into 2 weeks plus so I am now arriving nov. 21 and departing nov. 30.

The bathroom remodel has gone on and on so I'll make it to coz in dec.---fingers crossed.

I dove with Aldora on 11-11-11 , we were on a cruise and the first time diving cozumel. When we arrived at Aldora we were told the Harbor master closed the harbor due to high winds and waves so there was no diving. I had seen on Aldoras web site that they had boats on the other side of the island. When I ask they said they would take us , 100-40 ft dives awsome reefs , thanks Aldora we were the only divers diving this day. Because of them I will return to stay for a week of diving. Aldora is TOP NOTCH they took better care of us than the cruise ship people.

I dove with Aldora on 11-11-11 , we were on a cruise and the first time diving cozumel. When we arrived at Aldora we were told the Harbor master closed the harbor due to high winds and waves so there was no diving. I had seen on Aldoras web site that they had boats on the other side of the island. When I ask they said they would take us , 100-40 ft dives awsome reefs , thanks Aldora we were the only divers diving this day. Because of them I will return to stay for a week of diving. Aldora is TOP NOTCH they took better care of us than the cruise ship people.

Nice to hear there is a backup plan for poor conditions on the windward side of island, as we're diving with Aldora on 25 Nov. Also from a cruise ship (NCL). Much thanks to all the SBers who posted good reviews about Aldora, no way were we going to chance it w/ the cruise ship excursion.

Saw three black tip sharks yesterday at Palancar Horseshoe, very cool. Also when we did our second dive at Whitehouse we saw the big Green Moray but there was a small nurse shark nestled up against it. That was way cool to see. --Not sure the name of the reef that we dive that we use the white house on shore as the site locator. Diving with Mau of Scubmau has been great.

Driftin' by thanks so much for keeping up with the list.

Looking forward to ElMoro. Will there be any more posts regarding the ElMoro dinner? We will be there but good point on how we'll all know who's who. Also, we will be bringing another person with us that night. What a fun time this will be, counting down and officially will start the mental checkout on Monday!!! All things diving, relaxing, and enjoy paradise from here on out!!!

I will be wearing a ScubaBoard Invade the Keys t-shirt. Friday at ~6pm, be there or be unsociable :)

Posted using Tapatalk

Arrived yesterday and after a nice lunch, did a leisurely shore dive at Fiesta Americana yesterday afternoon. Was surprised there was so much to see - lots od small southern stingrays; large arrow crabs; really large cleaner shrimp; a 'neighborhood' of trumpetfish and then the largest spotted moray I have ever seen! This guy was in a small coralhead and looked more like a green moray than a spotted. Big, fat body all wrapped around the coral. It was a great little dive as we cruised around for over an hour just finding tons of little things. Could have stayed down for another hour but the shop was getting ready to close. Oh yeah, $6 a tank - weights included. Pretty sweet deal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom