Nude diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a couple of "Clothing Optional" resorts on the big island but I don't know of any that are at a beach. There is one on the Mayan Riviera called Hidden Beach but it's rather pricey and they don't appear to have a dive shop. Snorkeling is not mentioned as an activity. Judging from their activities list it's too noisy for me. Maybe someone should open up a clothing optional dive resort. We divers are an adventurous lot so I wouldn't be surprised if such an endeavor was successful.

The only nekkid dive I ever made was at Alua Beach on the Big Island. I was diving in only swim trunks so it was easy enough to take them off once underwater.

I don't want to look old fashioned, so I am going to buy a peach colored, skin tight rash guard and the get selfies to post on Scubaboard. I will have to draw on the belly button.

:rofl3:
I don't want to look old fashioned, so I am going to buy a peach colored, skin tight rash guard and the get selfies to post on Scubaboard. I will have to draw on the belly button.

Funnily enough this just popped up in my Facebook feed: Naked Scuba Diving Is Trending - For Scuba Divers

I personally wouldn't dive nude because I don't want to be stung by anything, but even more importantly, I don't want my skin exposed to the sun if I can avoid it. My dermatologist was wowed by how great my skin looked & thought I was 15 years younger than I am. Then, when I told her I was a diver who preferred the tropics she said she was astonished & now holds me up to her other patients as an example. lol

I have no problem if others want to dive nude assuming there's no law/culture ban on (e.g., a woman diving nude in a very conservative country is probably a bad idea), but I wear a full cover dive skin & reef-friendly sunscreen at a minimum while diving cause I don't want to be in pain during my trip & don't want to look all wrinkly as I continue to age.

I really like @Francesea's idea so now I'm thinking this could be a good compromise. :)

You may want to consult with @LindyHop about reef friendly sunscreen. Apparently that is a misnomer.

I appreciate your concern & while I don't think there is any such thing as a reef-safe sunscreen, I do believe there are "reef-friendly" sunscreens out there. I've done research & there is a lot of marketing hype, but I use Stream2Sea who has the same mindset that I do re: no such thing as a "reef-safe" sunscreen & their ingredients don't include the ingredients I personally want to avoid. From what I remember of @LindyHop's post, she also suggested people avoid some of these same ingredients so perhaps she'll agree with me. :)

The owner of Stream2Sea is a diver, a chemist & very committed to the ocean.

Caveat: I approached Stream2Sea about 2 months ago wanting to include them in an article I was writing because I loved their products. Since that time, I've become friendly with the owner.

To tie my comment back into the OP: Out of curiosity, I went online to see if there was a nude dive club...& yep, there is: Nautical Nudists for naked snorkeling and diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom