Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB is Blue Heron Bridge, Riviera Beach, Florida yes? I have been hearing word of mouth on the BHB for a while now. Best Macro in Florida?

Hey Scuba-Jenny I am likewise shooting with an archaic Olympus 7070, no macro, 1 in 20 nudi shots are in focus, just ordered a Oly E-PM1 looking into macro wet lens, any suggestions out there?

Hey Tjack, yes, you are correct, BHB is Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach. Yes Scuba Diving magazine named it on it's list of top ten muck dives world wide recently. No help on the macro.. my Oly has a 46mm ring; I am currently looking for something to stick on it in the very budget friendly category.

my Oly has a 46mm ring; I am currently looking for something to stick on it in the very budget friendly category.

Budget friendly is the tricky bit indeed......I am looking for something macro to "stick on' an Oly PT-EP06 housing in the used market. For now I will just have to blast away and hope for the one decent shot.

I wonder if something like this would work UW on your camera?

Adorama 46mm Close-Up Filter Set +1/+2/+4 Macro Lenses 46CUS

If the lens port is long enough it should (infact they are recommended for certain wideangle ports), if the port is not long enough, it wont :p

I need to find a SWIMMING spanish dancer next time Im down in the red sea. Ive only seen them snailing (pun intended) along the bottomn..

Nice set from the Red Sea there Searcaigh.

Here is a Longhorn Nudibranch (Austraeolis catina) from Turks and Caicos. One of the few Caribbean Nudis, these guys are tiny, this one was less than half an inch long.

Long-horn Nudi final crop.jpg

The Longhorn Nudibranch is almost always found on sponges of a brown color, here is an interesting article positing what they are doing there....

The Sea Slug Forum - Austraeolis catina

Sorry taken so long to reply.. been diving. :D
Tjack;6928632 I wonder if something like this would work UW on your camera? [URL="http://www.adorama.com/MC46CUS.html?gclid=CISF-K72r7oCFadFMgodDX4Acg":
Adorama 46mm Close-Up Filter Set +1/+2/+4 Macro Lenses 46CUS[/URL]
Maybe, but it looks like it's for dry cameras, not UW.. The lens has to set outside the housing.

One of the few Caribbean Nudis??? Please explain. BHB and Florida has most of the species of critters you find in the Caribbean.

I need to find a SWIMMING spanish dancer next time Im down in the red sea. Ive only seen them snailing (pun intended) along the bottomn..
Try to find two dancing together. That's the coolest! Lots of them in the Pemba Island archipelagos,Africa.

I see a few of them around sharm El Sheikh as well, just never caught them dancing :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom