Nudibranch Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'I want my foot back.......'

8136541865_705c9a0bae_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
'Wait , I got it........'

8136578036_f0c2cb09e3_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Flabellina trophina nudibranch on kelp

Found this lovely photogenic nudibranch in the shallows at Kelvin's Grove, Lion's Bay, British Columbia on 8 December 2013. Above water air temperature was below freezing, water temp hovering just above freezing. Lovely surroundings made for great photos, so I took a few.

Awesome, another LML diver representing with great local photos :)

Sent from my Zeagle N2ition

Given the photo is bw it doesnt make it easier :p

Are they yellow/white/black/blue? (Quadricolor)

Edit: from the lack of stripes and location, not quadricolor. Cold be chromodoris annae if beforementioned colors?

The Nudis in the B/W photo were black and white. So Diver85 what is it???

Here is a Chromodoris annae which is blue from Baliscasag....

Blue Nudi Baliscasag copy.jpg

US $1,900 for an out of print Nudi ID book on Amazon, WTF!

"
The Nudis in the B/W photo were black and white. So Diver85 what is it??? "

....?????????

Here is a group of Chromodoris (Sp?) from Nalusuan island off Mactan, Philippines

View attachment 173069

I have been going through my Nudi ID books and don't seem to have a good one for Philippines, any recommendations?

Chromodoriswillani_zps36a0e9bb.jpg

Probably Chromodoris willani.

Chromodoris wiliani, claro que si.

" Chromodoris willani by Samantha Craven
This species of nudibranch is named for the renowned nudibranch taxonomist Dr. Richard C. Willan.
Chromodoris willani is similar in appearance to Chromodoris lochi, Chromodoris boucheti and Chromodoris dianae. This species can be distinguished by the very prominent white specks found on the gills and rhinophores. Individuals in this species can range in color from dark blue to a translucent white. All have black stripes with the center-most stripe typically being non-continuous."

Here is a group of Chromodoris (Sp?) from Nalusuan island off Mactan, Philippines

View attachment 173069

I have been going through my Nudi ID books and don't seem to have a good one for Philippines, any recommendations?
If you take a close look at the gills they're dotted with pearl like dots, this is quite characteristic from Chromodoris Willani, I'd say. a Nudibranch that looks quite similar to Dianae or Lochi (blue and white body with black stripes) .

As for the books about the nudibranches of the Philippines, I'd certainly consider Neville Coleman's Nudibranchs Encyclopaedia.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but cannot get image to load anything but in thumbnail format. Edited and it came out resolution saved in... ???
Don't post them as attachments. Load your photos to a gallery like Photobucket, flikr or even the Scubaboard gallery, then copy and paste the large photo.

attachment.php

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom