NW Dive Expo April 24-26 (Tacoma, Washington)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the clarification Curt (no pun intended)!! Regardless of the color and clarity of the water in the pool, the show was great and a huge success IMO. Kudos!

Curt I don't understand, the divers that are complaining will dive the puget sound, yet not the tacoma drinking water system. HUH, I would say they used it for a reason cause they are scared to die from a rebreather, so it sounds as if they had a way out on saturday. At least you could coax a few on sunday.

Curious though, how many singed up for classes or bought a rebreather, with so many divers attending seems like ya can con at least 50 or so into it.

HAPPY DIVING

I used to operate pools in the Boston Area. One year we refilled a pool directly from the water line, and yes the pool looked exactly like that. The city even thanked us for cleaning out that area's waterlines

The water was filled from the water main. Probably through the stand-pipe from ground level. There is always sediment and rust that is stirred up and expelled if large amounts of water is flowed (wash down, firefighting, filling a pool). Just cracking and flowing water from a fire hydrant is enough to make the home owners on the water main complain due to the rust colored water that appears in the tap water as well as the toilet bowl and washer. Remember that the water had to be pumped to the exibition level floor. Takes alot of pressure to move that amount of water 60' or so vertically. Not sure of the answer other than fill and filter sooner?

I enjoyed the show, and I'm glad I went. Still didn't get around to doing all the things I wanted to do, though, like watching the movies and attending the seminars.

It would have been nice if it hadn't taken so long to get through the food line, that added almost an hour to the time I was there, and took away time spent enjoying the show.

Also, I was a little bit disappointed that the major gear manufacturers didn't have many display models out so I could comparison shop. I'm considering a Suunto Vyper computer, and the only one I found was in one of Tobin's Deep Sea Supply bungee mounts.

We did get some rebreathers in the water on Sunday and everyone that tried them out had great fun.

Vis was just fine:D
Thanks for letting me try your rEvo.

Oh, Dave, you were there on Sunday? I was there for several hours on Saturday. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you.

Oh, Dave, you were there on Sunday? I was there for several hours on Saturday. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you.
I was suppose to be helping out with the Dive Nanaimo booth but I couldn't resist Curt's rEvo vs Meg challenge. Did you get over to say hi to the Diver's Choice crew?

I went to say hi to them, but when I got there, the booth was mobbed. That was my main reason for going to the Expo (in addition to meeting Doc Intrepid, that is) was to pick up information about various destinations and operators in Canada. Gotta get up there more!

Curt I don't understand, the divers that are complaining will dive the puget sound, yet not the tacoma drinking water system. HUH, I would say they used it for a reason cause they are scared to die from a rebreather, so it sounds as if they had a way out on saturday. At least you could coax a few on sunday.

Curious though, how many singed up for classes or bought a rebreather, with so many divers attending seems like ya can con at least 50 or so into it.

HAPPY DIVING

We had 21 people sign up at the show for our "Rebreather Experience" that will be held on June 14th in Mill Creek, have a few spots left but it is filling up fast.

We might be adding the new "Titan" rebreather to the experience also if things work out.

Our web site has all the information: Silent Scuba Home

Lot's more people asking serious questions at the show this year and I am sure it will hatch a few new rebreather divers in our area, people are finally seeing the great benefits of going this direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom