O-ring size for inside of DIN insert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, that's the one.
. . .
- Is the loosening of the insert expected with normal use? I can totally see how it would loosen while putting the regs on and off the valves and it's trivial to check tightness when I assemble my rig. I don't usually do this as Deep6 are the only regs I have that have the removable insert. AFAIK, Apeks DST 1st stages don't have this.. . .

The DIN retainer (I think that's what this part is generally called) has loosened a couple of times on my HOG D1s as well. As I guess you know, avoid turning the reg itself when attaching the reg--hold the reg steady and turn only the plastic handwheel. Fortunately, I have a torque wrench to set the DIN retainer back to its proper tightness.

As I guess you know, avoid turning the reg itself when attaching the reg--hold the reg steady and turn only the plastic handwheel.
Yeah, I try but I move the reg more than I know I should on my doubles :/ I'm doing it less now as I've mostly figured out what angle they need to be without fudging around with it too much.

Fortunately, I have a torque wrench to set the DIN retainer back to its proper tightness.
What is the correct torque setting? I'm guessing the HOG number is going to be very close if not identical to what Deep6 would recommend.

What is the correct torque setting? I'm guessing the HOG number is going to be very close if not identical to what Deep6 would recommend.

Only if it's the same material and thread size.

I have found a small amount of Loctite (threadlocker, not anything more heavy-duty!) on that thread very helpful on some of my regs to get good retention at the right torque.

However, Divegearexpress sells the 1st stage service kits for that 1st state - and I believe you would find the proper oring in that kit.

Just for the benefit of future readers of this thread.

Actually, DGX sells the service kits for their DGX by Deep6 reg, that is not the service kit for the Deep 6 Signature. You can order Signature series service kits directly from us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom