Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our build your own :) the only expensive part is the cell anyway. Waterproof case induction charging, arduino, small LCD and you can build a cool analyser for way cheap. Works great.

Have you published your project online, or do you have a link to goos instructions somewehere?
I am planning to build one, to possibly use that as a platform for a semiautomatic CFM nitrox mixer.

TC:
Folks, the thread title relates to Oxygen analysis but the earlier posts split into discussion of both O2 and CO analysis, if you look at the earlier posts in the thread It will help avoid further nonsensical replies.
I find it amusing that the OP titled the thread as asking about O2 analyzers, actually asked about CO2 analysis, and since then we have been going back and forth about O2 and CO, noting CO2 as irrelevant, confusing and conflating, without any further involvement from to OP.

With this clarity, I believe we are all onboard with personal checks of O2 and leave CO testing to the fill station unless we have reason to question CO content. Or something like that.

Reactions: tc
I find it amusing that the OP titled the thread as asking about O2 analyzers, actually asked about CO2 analysis, and since then we have been going back and forth about O2 and CO, noting CO2 as irrelevant, confusing and conflating, without any further involvement from to OP.

With this clarity, I believe we are all onboard with personal checks of O2 and leave CO testing to the fill station unless we have reason to question CO content. Or something like that.
Absolutely not!

By way of example:

I was diving in Curacao in February. Most all dive operators there use a central fill station which rotates tanks (truck comes, drops off tanks, picks up tanks).

While I prefer to dive EAN 32, those tanks were showing 4.2 ppm CO where 'plain' air was showing 0 ppm. Go figure !!

That's above my 3 ppm personal limit for CO and I dove air for that trip.

Absolutely not!

By way of example:

I was diving in Curacao in February. Most all dive operators there use a central fill station which rotates tanks (truck comes, drops off tanks, picks up tanks).

While I prefer to dive EAN 32, those tanks were showing 4.2 ppm CO where 'plain' air was showing 0 ppm. Go figure !!

That's above my 3 ppm personal limit for CO and I dove air for that trip.
That counts as a reason!

Back
Top Bottom