O2 T and K bottle questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"T" and "K" are for many suppliers obsolete, and can vary depending on supplier.

The compressed gas business is full of magical pricing, policies on a whim, and some pretty odd characters.

Tobin

I'll cosign that! I lease a couple of T's of Technical Diver Grade He from my local supplier. One year - I paid $175 for a full T (about 291 cf of He at 2640 psi of 99.995 He). The next year - I was going to swap it out - and they quoted me a price of $585 to exchange the same T... I pointed out that was more than a 300 percent price increase in 12 months. The guy asked me to wait for a minute - and came back with a new price of $185 for the same T of He. Magic - but I made the sale quickly before they changed their mind! :)

I'll cosign that! I lease a couple of T's of Technical Diver Grade He from my local supplier. One year - I paid $175 for a full T (about 291 cf of He at 2640 psi of 99.995 He). The next year - I was going to swap it out - and they quoted me a price of $585 to exchange the same T... I pointed out that was more than a 300 percent price increase in 12 months. The guy asked me to wait for a minute - and came back with a new price of $185 for the same T of He. Magic - but I made the sale quickly before they changed their mind! :)
I pay $95 a T for 4.5 helium in every Airgas office in the country except for Key West. They get me for $300. It's worth it to drive to Miami for fills.

I pay $95 a T for 4.5 helium in every Airgas office in the country except for Key West. They get me for $300. It's worth it to drive to Miami for fills.

My Airgas distributor in St. Louis never bothered to get me quotes or set up an account for me. I called twice. I think my 5 T's may be too small for them to bother with. :)

Praxair in Sauget IL set my account up right away and has been great to work with. But I sure like the pricing you're getting from Airgas out your way...

Bjorn

I will add to this that, as a general rule, they don't like small customers, which is pretty much everyone that doesn't get multiple bottles per month. For the large gas suppliers, the money is made on hospitals and large industrial consumers.
We have a LOX farm and still get deliveries of truckloads of small med tanks at my hospital. But I don't deal with that side of the business.

Thank you all for the help! I will stop by some that are not close to where I would get them filled or rent from like you said and check it out. Thanks again for all your help!
Todd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom