OC1 pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrethediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am deliberating ordering Atom 2.0 vs waiting for OC1. Is there any preliminary information (a range) on OC1 + transmitter pricing in early 2009? Also, are Atom 2.0 transmitters going to be supported by OC1? Thanks!

I too am considering an OC1 when it comes out. While I am sure pricing hasn't been worked out this early I was wondering if it would be compatible with the Datamask transmitter and could be run at the sane time off of the one transmitter?

Thanks!

No info that I can release on pricing - however, to answer both questions - the transmitter will be the same currently supplied with the ATOM 2.0, VT3 and DataMask. And yes, any combination of these products may be used simultaneously, coded to a single transmitter.

Why pay that much for a computer when you can get a Liquivision X1 for slightly more money?

hey doug. As the oc-1 gives you the option for algorith choice, can you tell me which algorithm the Pro Plus 2 uses? That is my current computer and I find it to be safe, while also affording a much better bottom time allowance. My friend has the Suunto D9 and while he likes the computer (and also the style to double as a wristwatch), the computer is too conservative for me. Safety is priority I admit, but when we dive together (both doing similar dive profiles), the difference is staggering. On one diving day for example, his D9 put him in a deco dive with 14 minutes of stop required, and my Pro Plus 2 didn't even go into deco. Yet we dove the same profile. If I get the OC-1 I want to make sure I have the option to stay with a bit more liberal system such as that which the Pro Plus 2 uses. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom