oceanic atom watch/pdc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger:
The buddy check looks to be a useless feature.

My advice is to find a 1.0 at a discount when the 2.0s come out.

David

I totally concur!

The layout on ATOM 1.0 is optimal for me and giving up dive time for pressure is not an option. Especially since every few minutes it reminds you to check pressure anyway.

Scooter

You can do a "buddy Check" with an Atom 1.0 by using the gas switch feature - just make sure that you don't make the switch!

Wouldnt touch it anymore...the first I had floded on first dive, the second malfunctioned and stopped working completely during a dive, now off for warranty. when it comes back i'll sell to anyone who is stupid enough to take it. Good luck, your gonna need it!

Zeamonkey:
Wouldnt touch it anymore...the first I had floded on first dive, the second malfunctioned and stopped working completely during a dive, now off for warranty. when it comes back i'll sell to anyone who is stupid enough to take it. Good luck, your gonna need it!

My guess is you had the old original model which had tons of problems.
If you sent it in for repair then thy will be upgrading it to the latest version.

I have had no problems to date with mine once I got the latest version. My original purchase was from Leisure pro and they sold me a POS original that was no longer on the shelves in the Authorized Dealer Shops.

The first version of anything is a risk. If your unhappy, give oceanic a chance to make right.

Lavasurfer

Did Oceanic do a warranty repair for a computer that you got from LeisurePro?

That is surprising, especially since they computers are traceable by serial number.

David

AUTiger:
Lavasurfer

Did Oceanic do a warranty repair for a computer that you got from LeisurePro?

That is surprising, especially since they computers are traceable by serial number.

David

No, when I received it from Leisure Pro and it was dead I called Oceanic.
He asked for the serial number and told me it was an old version and that Leisure Pro sells Gray Market items and was not a certified reseller. I was told the latest version "2f" if I remember right had many issues resolved.

I called leisure pro and asked if I could get a new model and one that had a GOOD battery in it. They told me no that they only carry what they can get, More evidence of their source, and I could return it for a refund.

Don’t take it wrong, Leisure Pro was great and refunded my money. In fact I bought two of them and returned both at the same time, one for me and one for my wife; I got my money back for one and exchanged the second for a VT-Pro which also rocks.

I then purchased a new Atom from Scuba Toys. A little more money but worth the price for the added protection and knowing they are new.

Oceanic stated they WOULD cover the equipment bought from Leisure Pro but only if the Atom Flooded and I would have to pay shipping. They also stated that they would upgrade it for a price. I felt better just paying the price at Scuba Toys and making sure I was getting a new model. As for the VT Pro, it was the latest model and has no issues so buying from LP wasn’t an issue for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom