Oceanic Caribe-X Full-Foot fins vs Viper Full-Foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CapnDan

Registered
Reaction score
I swim/snorkel/shallow freedive a lot (like 5 days a week) and the Oceanic Caribe-X Full Foot fins have been my all-time favorites. They're absolutely perfect for me. However, now that it's time to replace my latest pair I find that they have been discontinued. Oh, no!

The most similar Oceanic product appears to be the Viper Full-Foot fins. I recently swim-tested a pair of open-heeled Vipers and I found that they were more flexible, less powerful and noticeably slower than my old Caribes. Is the full-foot version of the Viper any stiffer, or should I just give up and look elsewhere? I'm not into splits and I don't see any other Oceanic products that would appear to meet my needs.

Maybe I need to look more closely at the Viper full-foots. Do any dive shops in Honolulu carry them? So far I've only seen the open-heels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom