Oceanic Computer O-ring sizes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a VEO and a Verso Pro which use the same battery & O-ring, and while the post below was helpful - it would be nice if someone here knew the correct size needed...?

I did call Oceanic and they said "2.026 Buna" but I'm still having some challenges understand. :silly:

You can buy o-rings from Leisure Pro, Dive the Abyss, Dive Rite Express, Tech Diving Limited, All O-Rings

The web site at All O-Rings is very informative.

All you need is to know the measurements of your o-ring.

Here is an o-ring sizing chart. You just need some calipers to measure your o-ring and once you know the ID (inner diameter) and CS (cross-section) you can look up your o-ring and order by the "AS568A" number.

Nitrile is the usual rubber. Oxygen compatible o-rings are Viton.

Last edited:
DandyD:

It looks like you are being snubbed by Oceanic. Could it be a 2-1/64" o-ring? 0.026 is between 1/64 and 1/32. Do they specify the cross-section? O-rings are specified by material, inside diameter and cross-section. It seems the only solid piece of information you have is "Buna" which takes care of the material part.

http://www.applerubber.com/products/pdf/quickref.pdf

According to this guide, your o-ring doesn't exist. 2.026 falls out of the range of the tolerances on the chart.

Do they want to charge you an arm and a leg? Do they refuse to sell to you?

"ding-ding" this round goes to Oceanic, it seems. I would hate to see it, but unless you actually measure the grove with a caliper, you are stuck with Oceanic.

Do your computers have clones in other manufacturers?

Oh they sell a battery kit for $20 or so, which has a $2 battery, 10c o-ring, and a little silicone. They all do. Get a homemade kit on ebay for $10. I think I'll just take the old one to the hardware store and match it.

thanks!

I have a VEO and a Verso Pro which use the same battery & O-ring, and while the post below was helpful - it would be nice if someone here knew the correct size needed...?

I did call Oceanic and they said "2.026 Buna" but I'm still having some challenges understand. :silly:

Don

Are you sure they didn't say 2-026??? That is a standard o-ring 1 1/4 inches ID, 1 3/8 inches OD and 1/16 inch wide. PM me an address and I'll send you a couple 2-026E70 where the E stands for EPDM (as good or better than Buna for such applications) and the 70 is the hardness (which they did not specify but 70 is fairly standard for many moderate pressure applications).

Awap, that's probly their in-house name for the same thing. Sent you an address. Appreciate the gimmes.
thanks! :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom