Oceanic Datamax ProPlus2 problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HilaryRN71

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last week while diving in the Keys, we had an issue (actually a problem) with my husbands computer. While on a dive in Key Largo, around 90 feet, my husband (who was doing his AOW class) thumbed a dive after 20 minutes. When we reached the surface, after a good safety stop, he showed me his gauges and the display had him in DECO violation mode and locked out. I couldn't make any sense of this, as I was on the VT Pro and an almost identical gas mix and never remember getting less than 18 minutes of BTR. Today I pulled out the computer to look at the dive log info, and when turned on, it flashed ALT several times then shut down. I called Oceanic to talk to Tech Support and they indicated that the calibration was off, that the computer was reading that it's current altitude as greater than 14,000 ft (I'm in South Florida...I found that quite amusing :rofl3: ) I'm sending it in for service, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar with Oceanic or any of the Pelagic computers? Thanks for any feedback.

Hilary, I have had the exact same problem with the VT Pro when I was diving in the UK, it went into Deco mode for no reaosn, and then the next day after the 24hrs was up and it should have returned to normal it just flashed ALT. On a positive note their turn around when I sent it in was incredible.

I had the same problem with the VT Pro ... it said I had an enormous decompression obligation after a 20' beach dive to acclimate to Cozumel. The pressure transducer was shot, and I'm glad that I carry a console dive computer as a backup. Oceanic was GREAT about replacing the VT Pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom