Oceanic DSAT or PZ+ on backup computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not as simple as saying that DSAT is more liberal though. It's designed for shallow, short dives so it is for them, for deeper stuff it gets very conservative.

Have a look at this:
A sense of algorithm

Both the Shearwater and the PZ+ are Buhlmann with conservatism added, so I'd expect them to be reasonably consistent with each other regardless of profile. This is what I've found up to a point. Rack up too much deco and the oceanic goes conservative

Hi @jaseUK666

To be fair, DSAT is designed for repetitive dives within recreational limits. I have about 80 light deco dives on DSAT (<15 min). The deco time and depth run very similar to my Buhlmann computers, Nitek Q and then Teric, running 75/95. Do you have such data or are you entirely relying on the 10 year old "article" you cite?

I tried it in DSAT mode once. Think I ended up bending it. That was enough for me.

Not sure what the age of the article has to do with anything. Very little has changed in this area in years. I was using GFs to plan dives 20 years ago, we just didn't have dive computers that could handle it back then.

I tried it in DSAT mode once. Think I ended up bending it. That was enough for me.

Not sure what the age of the article has to do with anything. Very little has changed in this area in years. I was using GFs to plan dives 20 years ago, we just didn't have dive computers that could handle it back then.
Perhaps you could share that one dive profile. You're correct, DSAT has been available since 1987, well before Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF, perhaps by about 20 years

Within recreational diving after repetitive diving, my longest run was 56 dives, DSAT backing up Shearwater was not an issue. Make sure DSAT doesn’t have CF (conservative factor) on. I average around 30 repetitive dives at a time on average and my sample set has been 260 dives

Not sure why you say this.
Because of dives like this. OSTC clears when the red ceiling went away. Oceanic didn't clear until 3m, almost twice as many stops.

Up until a certain point, it's more conservative by a couple of minutes, so I was quite surprised.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-28-12-23-12.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-28-12-23-12.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 118
Perhaps you could share that one dive profile. You're correct, DSAT has been available since 1987, well before Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF, perhaps by about 20 years
It was a while ago. I might take it in again sometime, though based.on yesterday's conditions, it's going to be a while until I do a deepish dive. The sea was like soup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom