Oceanic EOS vs. Aeris AT400 Ion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

checkyourmirrors

Registered
Reaction score
I find it hard to figure out the differences between Oceanic and Aeris equipment and does anyone know the difference between the Oceanic EOS and the Aeris AT400 Ion which are both new.

Scubadiving reviewed them in the July issue but I am traveling and don't have my copy. The EOS carriers a higher price tag of a little more than $100 dollars. Any advice would be helpful.

I can't tell you much on the techie side but I can help you out on the Scuba test.. the ION got 5-5-5-5 on the flow scores with a 5 on comfort and a 4 on bubbles. The EOS got 5-4-5-4 on flow tests.

I kind of wish they would do cold water with these tests though. The tests make the ION look like a good deal for $500~ but without talking to someone who has taken it cold I don't want to try and find out the hard way. :wink:

But I am interested in what people know about them as well :)

They're most likely about the same Reg's. My understanding is that Aeris and Oceanic are the same company with different divisions and packaging. Kinda like Toyota/Lexus, GMC/Chevy and Ford/Mercury. I'm buying the Aeris.

I'm wondering the same thing as I start researching my first setup. It seems as though everything in the Oceanic line is also in the Aeris line for slightly cheaper.

Is there any difference?

I bought the EOS and really like it and had a chance to physically get a look at the Ion. If I didn't get such a great deal on the EOS, I would have bought the Ion. It got perfect scores breathing scores in the scuba diving magazine testing this month. It is also lighter than the EOS as well and smaller.

I find it hard to figure out the differences between Oceanic and Aeris equipment and does anyone know the difference between the Oceanic EOS and the Aeris AT400 Ion which are both new.

Scubadiving reviewed them in the July issue but I am traveling and don't have my copy. The EOS carriers a higher price tag of a little more than $100 dollars. Any advice would be helpful.

If the Ion is anything like the AT400Pro, it's great!

Oceanic and Aeris are the same Co. ( San Leandro, Ca ), the Aeris come with life time warranty. A man I dive with & respect very much with over 2000 dives with many over 120 feet loves the ION. My local dive shop as well, swears by them. As it was the only reg to score all 5's on the navy testing. I was a long time Dacor fan but they sold out and no longer make parts. My local dive shop is renting me A ION this weekend to try on a 130' foot dive. (the Palawan ) in Redondo beach Calif. I'll probably be buying this reg Mon right after the dive from what my dive group tells me. Hope this helps.

Ken.... AKA Divrdwn.

Ken - how did the Ion perform for you? I just bought one but won't be able to dive it until next month.

I have not had a chance to dive the ION but the AT400 first stage is the same as the Oceanic CDX5 which I swear by. I've had mine to 155 feet in 39 degree water and just last weekend under the ice for my ice cert. The second stage is a little different cosmetically from the Delta's but that's no big deal. Simple, reliable, environmentally sealed and easy to work on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom