Oceanic OCi Reviews???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andreau

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been looking into getting an AI DC and really like the Oceanic OCi but the only reviews that I can find are the regurgitated info from Oceanic.

Does anyone have an OCi? Is it any good? Easy to read?

Also any suggestions on other AI DCs would be helpful.

I got a OCi computer, it is pretty much the same computer as the OC1, but without the titanium housing. It is quite easy to read, but there's only core information like NDC, air pressure on the main interface of dive mode, you need to scroll to get more info like temperature, dive time etc.

There's a whole other thread out there about us gushing about it when we first got them. My wife and I both have one, we love them. Easy to read, easy to use, and small enough to be used an everyday watch if you wanted.

I have an OCi. Whilst I love the computer, I have had nothing but problems downloading the data to my Diverlog program on my Mac. I have done all the firmware updates but the downloads are either corrupt or won't save at all. Has anyone else had these problems?

John.

John, Have you called Underwater Products, the parent co.? 'Had similar difficulty. Operator said to delete the original program off disc and download Oceanlog 2x from their site. Then I was able to down load the latest program-the 1CO2.

For Mac, I use MacDive. Never had a problem with it. I use it with my OC1 or my Datamask with no problems at all.

I have an OCi. Whilst I love the computer, I have had nothing but problems downloading the data to my Diverlog program on my Mac. I have done all the firmware updates but the downloads are either corrupt or won't save at all. Has anyone else had these problems?

John.

I don't have an OCi but I do have an atom 3 and it has held up quite well and the price was right with a free transmitter. My one and only complaint is that the screen protector was not included although it was not really a big deal. I have no problem reading the screen size and it has so far not lost connection during a dive with the transmitter. The menus are easy to navigate and oceanic gives you a nice laminated reference card for the menus which I keep in my log book.

I'll also give a +1 to MacDive
As to Diverlog on mac I have never had a problem with it syncing and or loading data with my computer but than again the issue may be limited to the OCi.
I have no experience with the OCi but if it is anything like the atom 3 and don't have a problem with its size you will enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom