Oceanic Veo 100 Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first digital was a VEO 100NX. It is a basic entry level computer with easy to read numbers and one button did it all, even Nitrox. I loved this computer, easy to understand. I had approx 35 dives on it and then it started giving me strange data. Because it was under warranty it was replaced with the Oceanic V1. Pretty much the same computer but the readouts are smaller and placed differently. I don't like it as much as my 100.

Take $20 for it...?

Trade ya a large, titanium, blunt dive knife.

It would be nice if Oceanic did a matrix comparison of their PDCs.

20?..nah, & I've got all the knives I need---or want....now---an extra Mk 10 or 2 & we can talk some more.....lol

I've got a cable for mine--------used it only once when I got it setting it up----want to buy mine??

Just asking this also--->does the 100 have a backlite & have the audible thingys??...

I've sent you a PM.

Yeah let me withdraw my previous support for this outdated barely a computer...
No Audible Alarm
No Max Depth Alarm
No Elapsed Dive Time Alarm
No Maximum Nitrogen Tissue Loading Bar Graph Alarm
No Dive Time Remaining Alarm
No Date set
No Backlight
No Safety Stop Time and Depth
No Download​
It's more for the What's the cheapest you got shopper. That neat matrix seems to be out of date, but looking over the current models close, I'd go with the VEO 250 or VEO 2.0

Those look like all the things that I turn off on my computers. :D

Those look like all the things that I turn off on my computers. :D
A diver with your experience level wouldn't need them; the OP might find them helpful - except my home bud ignores them and asks me on the boat what was the noise? :silly:

A diver with your experience level wouldn't need them; the OP might find them helpful - except my home bud ignores them and asks me on the boat what was the noise? :silly:

My best hs buddy(& I got him starting diving about 10 years ago) used to have a SP Uwatec of some sorts & he sounded like a dang freight train coming @ me underwater---I thought there were always about 4 or 5 divers hanging over me & low & behold it was ONLY him.......I finally(subtly) convinced(told him) get rid of that XXXX thing, it's driving me crazy(ier)..lol----& me , I didn't even use a computer then.......

I've never used the alarms (even as a new diver). I have been around divers as described above with all the alarms going off (some computers have louder alarms than others) but I can't hear most computer alarms with a 7mm hood anyway (thankfully).

The only useful thing I see missing is the safety stop countdown timer (I'm surprised it doesn't have this).

The only useful thing I see missing is the safety stop countdown timer (I'm surprised it doesn't have this).
My first two didn't, but I just clicked the stop watch on my $20 Walmart watch to run that for me.

However...
It has a safety stop countdown timer.
Yes it does. My mistake. :silly:

hmmm...I just got the VEO 100, haven't used it yet but from what I've read from all of you, unless you are diving NX all computers are basically expensive depth gauges. but seeing as how I have less than 10 dives, I am very interested in what you have to say.

Back
Top Bottom