Oceanic Versapro Computer NO longer Serviced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bzbcal

Registered
Reaction score
I purchased a Versapro Navcon computer in 2005. It recently has trouble turning on
or staying on.. Basically in-op.

Dealer says that Oceanic will not even look at this 6 year old computer.

We have owned 5 other Oceanic DC but probably not purchase again if a 6 year old is obsolete and not serviceable.

Paul

This is one of the challenges of support. Technology is changing rapidly. The components used in the manufacturing process just aren't available anymore. It is not so much that the manufacturer does not want to support the product, they can't.

I purchased a Versapro Navcon computer in 2005. It recently has trouble turning on
or staying on.. Basically in-op.

Call Oceanic directly. Manufacturers will usually offer a really sweet deal on something current if they can no longer service your computer.

The dealer probably didn't want to bother with it or thought you would buy a new one if your old one couldn't be serviced. I'd be surprised if Oceanic didn't offer you a great deal on a new one.

flots.

+1 on talking to Oceanic directly.

I have always been happy when I contacted them directly for service or my options when a self-done battery replacement went bad and my computer was flooded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom