Oct 20 - Fresh Water anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well, I rent equipment... so I have equipment for the Pumpkin dive on the 19th and thought I would get the most out of my weekend and dive the 20th as well, so I propose a fresh water dive in my back yard - followed by margaritas and some pizza afterwards at my place... Anyone interested??? Thing is, if the day isn't clear and sunny, may have to scrub the fresh water dive and dive only into margaritas instead...

I'm DM'ing the second day of a rescue course at Jamestown. It is a small class, however, so if you're going out in the afternoon, I might be able to make it.

Hi,

Just curious, what area do you live? Also, what is there to see in your backyard's fresh water?

Well, I live in Wolcott, CT near the Waterbury area.
About an hour South of Springfield.

I will pm the people that are coming with my address and directions...

What to see? Well, it is a healthy lake (reservoir) and it is about 55 ft. deep (private, no motorboats allowed). I snorkeled in the summer and saw more fish there than I ever saw at Cape Ann! They followed me around for an hour and even let me touch them.

Although on my first dive there it was a different story, they were a bit more timid and the vis was poor, weather overcast. I did see an old boot and some fishing poles and Flyingsherpa found a dollar! Basically there are really cute sunfish that are adorable under water, the colors are great, pickerel, bass, and some others that I can't identify. Some were quite large. The bottom is a dark color and if the day isn't sunny it is VERY DARK at depths greater than 20 ft.. Water temp about a month ago was high 60s.

Rumor has it there is a small plane in the lake, that the wing is by my building and the fuselage is on the other end...

Is it just a rumor or is it really down there? Has anyone ever actually seen it? I'd love to dive it one of these days if it's true! Maybe even pull up some souvenirs :D. Would be an interesting way to combine my aviation bug with diving :fly:

-Roman.

Perhaps we have our mission, should we choose to accept it.. find the plane...

this post will self destruct in...:boom:

shellbird once bubbled...
Perhaps we have our mission, should we choose to accept it.. find the plane...

this post will self destruct in...:boom:

Too bad I won't be able to do just that on the 20th... Unless the weather turns sour, I'll be flying with the birdies, instead of swimming with the fishies. :)
-Roman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom