Octo Holder recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the 'ball' type octo holder, works fine for me, I have it clipped to my chest d-ring.
Never had a problem fitting an octo in it and prior to owning a reg i'd rented several and none of the octos presented a problem in terms of fit.

Octoholder.jpg

Ever thought about going with an inflator octo? I have an Atomic SS1, and love the freedom. The way I see it, the less hoses I have dangling from my back, the better.

ss1.jpg

Food for thought, amigo.

Ber Rabbit:
Tried 'em all, prefer to have my octo on a necklace under my chin.
Ber :lilbunny:
Do you octo necklace wearers also tie down and secure the octo in any way? Wouldn't an octo dangling off a necklace be a nuisance? Wouldn't it fly up and hit you in the chin or face when jumping into the water off a boat? Anyone have a good picture of this setup? Maybe I'm not properly envisioning how this works.
mahjong

I use a caribeaner and an insertable mouthpiece holder , clipped to a D-ring near the adjusting straps for shoulder releases...simular to the Dacor mouth piece insert...see ya` under

mahjong:
Do you octo necklace wearers also tie down and secure the octo in any way? Wouldn't an octo dangling off a necklace be a nuisance? Wouldn't it fly up and hit you in the chin or face when jumping into the water off a boat? Anyone have a good picture of this setup? Maybe I'm not properly envisioning how this works.
mahjong
Octo isn't tied down but I do run my hose under my arm because my teaching rig has extra long hoses. Part of your entry is controlling your hoses, I always hold my mask with the fingertips of my left hand and my palm is on my regulator; the octopus is directly under my wrist and also under control. My tucked elbow keeps my inflator hose from flopping around and I use my right hand to hold my mask strap (normally) or weightbelt (if I don't trust a rental) and my arm controls the hose for the octopus. The octopus is not against your chin it actually sits on your chest about where a shirt collar hits.
Ber :lilbunny:

I use the necklace but if also using a Pony I have a large o-ring tie-wrapped to a bolt snap. The o-ring goes loosely around the mouthpiece and pulls free with just a tug.

kazinvan:
I use one of the ones shown here: http://www.cb-molding.com/pics/ScubaMate.jpg
Cheap, easy to use, Octo never falls out. Octo is released easily when needed, and will even rip if OOA buddy just yanks it.

Found this one too while browsing, seems like a strange design that might be useful.
http://www.divebooty.co.uk/equipment_details.asp?pid=470

I use the one in the first link. My Octo stays put, easy to release and replace.

I used to have the one in the second link. Octo fell out frequently. That's the reason it was replaced by the one in the first link.

mahjong:
mahjong

I go to orchard and buy a few feet of the very thin bungee cord. Then cut it to about 18in tie knots at each end and put it together with zip ties. (would provide a pic but dont have any). Supprisingly as long as you have not make it to long it does not get in the way nor does it hang down very much. This method makes finding your octo fool proof even in 0 viz.

Bratface:
I use the one in the first link. My Octo stays put, easy to release and replace.

That's one of the best, of course a snorkel keeper works in exactly the same way.

Have one of those shaped like a mouthpiece. It works except with the octo on my blizzard. The mouthpiece on it is very soft and it tends to fall out. The one on my delta setup is a little stiffer and holds fine. Fortunately the blizzard is a backup and if I should have to use it or just choose to use it I have one made from surgical tubing. I just don't use it in water where there is alot of muck tho. When we were at catfish hotel in manatee springs you descend and ascend thru a level of plant life,not real thick but it's a pain. One of our group had a mouthpiece (and reg) full of it when he came up. Sometimes the ball or ball-type is a blessing.

Back
Top Bottom