October diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the water temps?
I was running dual computers last week and went back into log mode checked, both showed a consistent 82 F. Neither temp sensor has been checked for calibration so the accuracy is ??. What I did find unusual was that on multiple occasions just over the walls I saw a noticeable thermocline, it was only a couple degrees but I could definitely feel it and see the visible shimmer at the transition line. A couple of times I saw schools of reef fish out feeding on the line, 10-20 yards off the wall, it was pretty cool. In the past when diving in Cozumel have rarely see this, normally the temp was consistant. I was able to get in 22 dives with 27 hours bottom time, can't wait to get back, in 2 weeks.

I was running dual computers last week and went back into log mode checked, both showed a consistent 82 F. Neither temp sensor has been checked for calibration so the accuracy is ??. What I did find unusual was that on multiple occasions just over the walls I saw a noticeable thermocline, it was only a couple degrees but I could definitely feel it and see the visible shimmer at the transition line. A couple of times I saw schools of reef fish out feeding on the line, 10-20 yards off the wall, it was pretty cool. In the past when diving in Cozumel have rarely see this, normally the temp was consistant. I was able to get in 22 dives with 27 hours bottom time, can't wait to get back, in 2 weeks.

Wow! That is great! Were you there one week?

Chris

Wow! That is great! Were you there one week?

Chris
Came in on Sunday the 6th and out on Tuesday the 15th but took Sunday the 13th off an went over to see friends on the far side. Weather was great (unlike September's monsoon)

Hi Jeffromonte. Thanks for starting this October thread. My brother and I will be arriving on the 26th. He and I will be diving with Aldora until 2 Nov when he leaves and my wife arrives. She and I will be diving from 3-8 Nov again with Aldora. Staying at Casa Mexicana as well.

Hopefully see you there, I ended up changing my hotel to next door at Vista Del Mar so I could get an ocean front room as Casa Mex had none available. Ready for the diving to begin!!!

Haha! My family and I have stayed at the Vista Del Mar hotel many times. Nice hotel and the staff is great. Another plus is that (since you are diving with Aldora) you can see the Aldora pier from the oceanfront rooms. I was lucky to get an oceanfront at Casa Mexicana - my first time staying there. Will see how it compares to VDM. Hope to meet you when my bother and I dive on the 27th.

To me the plus of Casa is the breakfast but on dive days i don't eat much of a breakfast so Vista Del Mar coffe, juice and a couple of pastries is plenty. I'm sure we will meet at the pier. Counting down the days, the worst part is the last feew days at work sure drag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom