Octopus at Porteau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeilJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey,
I'm diving at Porteau Cove tomorrow, and I hear there is an Octopus living there. Has anyone seen him lately, or know any clue to where he might living?
Thanks

I've seen several of them over the years. Try to find an area that has alot of crab shells and claws. This is usually next to some type of hole, be it next to a wreck or some rocks or even the artificial reef (old tires). The last place I saw one there was in the jungle gym area. He was a nice pacific octopus about 5 feet wide. However I did run into one at Whitecliff last week in 100ft along the wall just past the cut.

2 weeks ago we found 2, 1 under the side of the Granthal, and the other one was under another structure(not sure which one)
Good luck

As mentioned look under the wrecks and look for the crab shells, they eat at home.

Also I found a medium size octo under the metal boxes at Whytecliff. Happy hunting. hint: looking west, bottom right corner, I will let you figure out which box:evil:

Back
Top Bottom