Octopuses came from outer space ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccannon707

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Interesting article... and evidently not that new of a theory. I know. after watching My Octopus Teacher, I can't eat them anymore.

Interesting article... and evidently not that new of a theory. I know. after watching My Octopus Teacher, I can't eat them anymore.

This is such hogwash. The suggestion is equivalent to the Middle ages claiming if you don't understand it, it must be a miracle. Notice even Yahoo posts it in "entertainment," not "science."

Tursiops, Evidently you didn't click thru to the link to the scientific article.

It's one of the premises of the streaming show "Resident Alien".

Tursiops, Evidently you didn't click thru to the link to the scientific article.
But I did. That is part of the problem. The author can't explain anything without "positing" extraterrestrial sources, for which he can offer nothing other than "maybe." That's not science.

This may also explain
475px-Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_poster.jpg

I know. after watching My Octopus Teacher, I can't eat them anymore.

I watched My Octopus my Teacher and it did not curb my appetite for them.

However, I have met a few that think similar to you about not eating them after watching. Interesting thing is all of the ones I know still enjoy eating pig.

Reactions: Ana
...not long ago in Silver Springs, Fla.
1643236216283.jpeg

Hey, how did this thread end up in the CZM forum? There must be some strange science at work.

Reactions: Ana
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom