Ode to Michael Jackson...Underwater Moonwalking Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every time I put up a 'good post' it turns controversial and there is always someone who is in disagreement. Happened with Honey Girl the sea turtle that was killed. Happened with my Pacific Trash Vortex thread and some others. What's the deal?

MJ was found "Not Guilty", right? Were any of you disbelievers there during the so called molestation? Probably not. Instead you are going on what you read in the papers and saw on TV...one of the most sensationalized court cases in recent history. Do you remember the unreal amount of paparazzi? Maybe you think he did it, that's your freedom of choice. I don't think he did it and therefore I feel good about paying him tribute. Moonwalking is a blast by the way!

Like me, he's one of those guys that is called "UGLY in Public".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From the UGLY in Public website:

What is UGLY in Public? "Ugly in Public" is a term we created when so called “normal” people treat you differently, simply because you are not like them. You may look different, act different, or have different ideas or lifestyles than most of the “normal” people.

It does not mean to imply that you are actually ugly, but that you are an individual, and that your appearance, actions, and/or attitude does not conform to the "accepted" standards put forth by the "normal" majority. Many people are afraid of what they do not understand, and afraid of those who are different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a video I made for my diver friends who started the "UGLY in Public' promotion. They are selling these shirts and giving the proceeds to food banks to help hungry people. Maybe some of you would like to get a shirt or two? Contact them at: www.uglyinpublic.com and tell them Shaka D sent you!

So all the times people thought you did something and you didnt, you where guilty? Is that insufficient evidence? So in the states does that mean if you dont have enough evidence to prove guilt your guilty.

well, there's always Gitmo - it was created to solve that problem of the pesky habeas corpus and those dratted defense lawyers, always wanting facts. Jeeze!

He may have been found not guilty, but I would be willing to bet that most people would not have let their children spend the night at his mansion. At the very least, they may be dangled over a balcony. I did like the music and videos back in the 80s but he did creep out in his later life with the surgeries, buying the elephant man bones, sleeping in the same bed as children,(even though apparently nothing sexual happened), etc... None of you really beleived he was just going to age quietly and die an old man without incident, did you? I sure didnt. None the less, RIP.

I'm right there with you folks who said he didn't do it. I never believed for a moment that he did. Unfortunately, when you have the money and fame he did, there is always going to be someone to try and take advantage of that and that's what happened with him. He certainly could have been smarter in his actions and not put himself in those situations but having strange or weird behavior is a far cry from child molestation.

Like him and his music or not, the guy was an incredible talent and one of the most gifted performers of all time.

Doug - simply report the posts and have a mod remove the negative posts. They are not in the spirit of which this thread was intended. Period. You began this as a tribute thread and it should stay that way. Not that I disagree or even agree with the others - they have a right to their opinion. That said, they are more than welcome to begin another thread and have their debate there. You needn't allow your thread to be ruined. :)

In my mind he did help shape a generation. I can still remember listening to his record ad naseum. I remember going to the teen club with my friend Stacie. Every week we went and most of the songs they played were MJ. All the kids learning to dance like him... Very fun and memorable times.

186_3.jpg

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

ok guys.... im removing a couple of posts because they are a bit too off colour even for my tastes so please keep them a bit... ummmmm, nicer.

this is not a tribute thread - its a non diving thread with a vid about underwater walking

MJ was not a scuba diver last i heard so ive moved this to non scuba related

Diver0001:: A "grand jury" doesn't find anyone guilty or not guilty of anything. They only decide if there is enough evidence to support arrest and prosecution. There's a lot of difference between guilty, not guilty and insufficient evidence to prosecute.

Uhhhh whatever. At this moment I don't care. This line of discussion is killing what was turning into a tribute thread and I don't see any value in continuing this.

With all due respect, please go start a new thread called "Parting shots for MJ" and go moan about this stuff over there. Ok?

R..

Back
Top Bottom