Ode to the Moderators - Say Thanks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems our ever-present Internet police, AKA Moderators, are feeling under-appreciated in their thankless jobs. While no one likes being scolded, warned, chastised, or disciplined (just ask a teenager!), we can all appreciate that it keeps these forums from becoming nasty free-for-all as happens in some places in the Internet. So, I propose this to be a Thank You to those who put up with our :turd:. :)

Dear NetDoc,
Who art in Internet,
Hallowed be thy Persona.
In ScubaBoard Forum,
Thy will be done,
In threads as it is in backrooms.
Give us this day our daily Mod,
And forgive us our trespasses
As we flame those who trespass against us.
Lead us away from Point of View Warriors
and deliver us from bans
For Moderators have the Power, forever the Internet shall last . . .

thanks.gif

Last edited:
I have not heard from any MODs in a long time. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks

Good idea!

I was a mod on a motorcycle board for many years. It's not an easy job herding the cats - that's for sure. It also makes it tough to make personal/non-mod posts, 'cause you have to be on your best behavior at all times ... setting a good example so to speak.

So thank you all for taking the considerable time and effort it requires to make SB as great a place as it is. While it's not said nearly often enough, your efforts do not go unnoticed or un-appreciated.

Thank You!

Henrik

Good idea!

I was a mod on a motorcycle board for many years. It's not an easy job herding the cats - that's for sure. It also makes it tough to make personal/non-mod posts, 'cause you have to be on your best behavior at all times ... setting a good example so to speak.

So thank you all for taking the considerable time and effort it requires to make SB as great a place as it is. While it's not said nearly often enough, your efforts do not go unnoticed or un-appreciated.

Thank You!

Henrik

+1, although I've never been a mod on a motorcycle board, but the rest of Henrik's post echos my feelings. :D

We have moderators?:confused:

Those who actually come out of the Pub:D see them all the time. Most are pretty fair. A couple though have let the power really go to their heads. I have also been threatened with a vacation:censored: if I even let on I had been moderated. By someone who doesn't have the balls to use their real name.:anonymous:

Those who actually come out of the Pub:D see them all the time. Most are pretty fair. A couple though have let the power really go to their heads. I have also been threatened with a vacation:censored: if I even let on I had been moderated. By someone who doesn't have the balls to use their real name.:anonymous:

:shocked2: Jim! YOU! No way!

Totally agree the mods are under-appreciated.

In my few interfaces with them, they have been consistently productive, sensible and courteous.

Because of the mods' hard work, the board is friendly and useful.

Long live the mods!

I've had run-ins with one or two moderators here in years past, but the present group either has decided I'm a hopeless case or they actually have learned to appreciate (er, tolerate) my humor. Seriously, I think the current mods (and the majority of the past ones) are doing a great job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom