# of dives vs # of posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Yeah, oring, how many dives do you have logged????

Hmmmm??????

We are dying to hear this....

Or should we just call you a windbag starting now????
You should probably go with the windbag thing... :D

Ah...but how many of you log your posts?

O-ring once bubbled...

You should have at least 10 times more dives than you do posts or you are a foolish windbag and shouldn't be relied on for decent advice..

This ratio probably holds true if you examine the number of relevant posts you make...the rest would be "windbagging"

This was brought up in past threads...

:tinker:
Do we get to log a dive for every ten posts on the board ...or was it 15?

..............but who decides what is relevant or not?.............

I agree no correlation whatsoever between posts and dives, perhaps one with a lot of posts, simply asks many questions????:confused:

Butch103 once bubbled...
..............but who decides what is relevant or not?.............

I agree no correlation whatsoever between posts and dives, perhaps one with a lot of posts, simply asks many questions????:confused:

Or...has a slow day job.

hoover once bubbled...
Should a nitrox post be longer than an air post?

No. Posting on nitrox using air table is more conservative.

scuberd once bubbled...
I was sitting here thinking that as I work towards my 300th post I have almost 3 times more posts than dives.

As long as my number of posts is less than my dives, then I guess I'm safe here... too bad this post counts toward the total....

Also... as I work towards my 300th
I didn't realize that # of posts was a goal. I thought they were just a result of communication. Kinda like diving... ya shouldn't dive to reach a goal total... you should just dive and the resultant # just happens to be where you are...

...knew a guy that was doing about twenty 20 minute dives to reach the requirement for instructor... it didn't make him an experienced diver ready to teach, it just made him a neophyte that happened to have an inflated dive total to improperly achieve a certification...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom