Offically completed my Divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats!!!! I just started the DM program over the holidays. I have a long way to go and I'm looking forward to every minute of it!!!!

Suggestion. Here's what I would do if I was 50 years younger: I'd sell everything I had of value and couldn't carry on my Sportster, buy a rubber butt ring and scooter on down to Key Largo (Second choice Lauderdale area), find someone to share an apartment or room with cause I couldn't make enough money as a DM to afford one on my own, bum around till I found a shop that would take on my inexperienced little body and stay there and never, ever, return to the North with it's winters.

Sounds like a plan.

I am 52 and am daydreaming about doing that NOW.

DM is what everybody ends up with. Our LDS trains a dozen or more a year. Why pay someone when they are willing to pay the LDS? Its a dead end for most. I have at least 6 friends who are non working DM's. But they are fun to dive with! Get your Instructor cert. Than you can actually get paid next to nothing to teach scuba! :D That is assuming you can find a job teaching scuba.

BTW Congrads!

To theduckguru and davemohio: Like I said: If I was fifty years younger. Beanaz I'm 72 with fallen arches and a sore a** most of the time, first off I'd fly down, not ride my Sporty, and have enough money in the bank that I wouldn't have to sell out and could afford to sustain myself. Other than that I probably wouldn't have the energy to dive more than a couple days a week without a nurse.

Been a DM a little less than a year.

I was surprised how much I like helping new students. Especially those with equipment/buoyancy or ear issues on the open water dives. Very rewarding when it finally "clicks" for the new diver.

No interest for me in becoming an Instructor. At least right now. Maybe never. Don't know why.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom