For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric, just curious: The numbers on the plate reflect the version of the plate I reckon?
Yes.
Each time there is a model change the first digit reflects version number.
So 4231 would mean it’s the two hundred thirty first plate of version four.
There is no distinction between aluminum and stainless, all plates are numbered in order as they’re made regardless of material. I keep a record of every plate that goes out, so I know the original owners of every unit ever sold (with serial numbers). There are a few with no numbers that got away in the past.

So if I paid for a round trip, you would stamp it and make it legal?
LOL!
You could if you want, or just go to Harbor Freight and buy a cheap set of number punches. I’ll provide a number for you and you can punch it in DIY. It would be cheaper than shipping both ways.
....Or just dive it.

You could if you want, or just go to Harbor Freight and buy a cheap set of number punches. I’ll provide a number for you and you can punch it in DIY.
OK!

I have full sets of Greenfield punches in my shop. 1/8, 3/16, and 1/4". I'm pretty sure that I have FP number 10, the one you re-worked for the 'newer' wings.

I do dive it, but someday I'll get pulled over and won't have my registration. :wink:

I'd love that, give me the official number (and stamp size that you use) and I'll place it as best I can by looking at the others who have posted.

I have been searching for pictures of this late model with bolted rails.

Can you post some pictures here.

I understand that i can bolt the wing inbetween the plate and the rails, does that mean i can use a wing without holes for cambands and just put the bands around the rails, or does that not work.

I plan to buy a new wing, maybe between 18-25 lbs, but it would be nice to be able to use my existing Agir Blackbird before i can find the right one to use.

OK!

I have full sets of Greenfield punches in my shop. 1/8, 3/16, and 1/4". I'm pretty sure that I have FP number 10, the one you re-worked for the 'newer' wings.

I do dive it, but someday I'll get pulled over and won't have my registration. :wink:

I'd love that, give me the official number (and stamp size that you use) and I'll place it as best I can by looking at the others who have posted.
Yes you have #10. The numbers are 1/4” tall and your number would have been “FP 010”. They went on the front side in between the two lower slots.
That was the first plate from the very first laser cut production run, and it was my personal plate for several years. I don’t hoard any plates, that includes my personal gear which gets upgraded, prototypes, one-offs, experimental gear, or any other stuff unless I think it’s unusable, then I take it behind the barn and shoot it. I sell off pretty much everything otherwise it sits and collects dust and does nobody any good. I figure somebody could be using the stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom