Offshore for Sharks Teeth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mniccum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My son and I would like to dive for sharks teeth at Venice, I would like to take our boat down from Tampa, what is the best depth to dive to find sharks teeth? Are there certain areas off shore where the teeth are more abundant? Any info would be appreciated.

I am a kayak diver and try to go out as much as my work allows (plus I live 2 hrs away!)....

I don't have a GPS, but I tend to have the best luck between Alhambra Road and the pier to the South (use Google earth Maps). 24-28 ft seems to be best area for teeth. If you look at the condos at Alhambra there are 3 close together (tall white one and 2 "twin" cream colored condos). I would start in front of the cream colored condos about 1/2 mile out (estimate on distance) to 3/4 mile and move South towards the pier. I find flat bottom (non-reef structure) to be most productive. Area is silty, so move (even 100 ft) and you might have luck. I will probably post some of the finds I had in the past week (from that area) on my FB page tonight (see below for link). When I dive I look for Dugong Rib bones and whale bone fragments. I tend to find megs around there..... Hope this helps. Dive safe!

Hello guys. I was wondering if there is any signifcant value to any of the fossil teeth? certain size or condition?

I plan on meeting you :) !!! Let us know when you are coming.... October is generally not a good dive month, but current condition predictions are looking good! Been a strange season/yr. Peace, dive safe and enjoy the Journey!

Hello guys. I was wondering if there is any signifcant value to any of the fossil teeth? certain size or condition?

A large, excellent quality meg tooth can go for hundreds to thousands. A large, fair to good quality can go for $25-$100.

But they can have my meg teeth when they pry them from my cold, dead hands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom