OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're too fast for me :D but just in case, here's the site.

Dive Tech

BTW - it doesn't really do his shop justice!

I think it is at least worth a mention to those in this post who are from out of town that there is a Dive Shop located right in the City of Brockville on Water Street. They also rent equipment and have a air fill station.

This will save you the 50km round trip to get air at Dan's if you need a fill.

Let's try to be fair to all business operators, I realize that certain people on this board have there favourite store, but it is nice to at least be fair about things here.

taz22 once bubbled...
I think it is at least worth a mention to those in this post who are from out of town that there is a Dive Shop located right in the City of Brockville on Water Street. They also rent equipment and have a air fill station.

This will save you the 50km round trip to get air at Dan's if you need a fill.

I was wondering why Dive Tech (although I too was impressed by my visits). I will mention though, it's my understanding that the one right downtown in Brockville does not open Sundays. So need to get your fills ASAP after the dive boat returns and for those who need to rent gear, you won't be able to return it on Sunday.

Meanwhile I'm staying tuned for word on a second boat (since I apparently snoozed too long on the first one, way too much going on at the moment).

From the charter op:

"Finding another boat that late in the season will be pretty tough. <another operator> is out in two weeks, my other one is out this week, I will call around but I doubt it.

The only thing I can really offer is an afternoon run that can be assured."

I for one did not mean to exclude the shop in town, but I was told the last time that I was in Brockville, that they were not able to do fills late in the afternoon on Saturday, and were not open on Sunday.... hence my indication of the Dive Tech option.

Can someone refresh my brain as to what the cost is for Saturday, and what the dives are?
I have plans on Sunday in Morrisburg with Dolphinos's Padi Project Aware cleanup day.

...which is funny because if you clean up Morrisburg there is nothing left to see underwater:)

DivingGal once bubbled...

I for one did not mean to exclude the shop in town, but I was told the last time that I was in Brockville, that they were not able to do fills late in the afternoon on Saturday, and were not open on Sunday.... hence my indication of the Dive Tech option.

Whom ever told you that they do not accomodate late day air fills on Saturday was incorrect. I've see dive clubs with 30 tanks get them filled up to 8pm on a Saturday. The club would simply let them know ahead of time of the approx numbers and they were more than please to help out with the air fills.

You are correct, because they do attend Chruch and consider Sunday a family day they do not open on Sunday. They have been know to make special arrangements for people who would be dropping of rental gear.

All in all, if you can be spared a trip for a simple air fill, simply contact the dive shop directly to see if they can accomdate you needs would probably be a good idea.

taz22 once bubbled...
Whom ever told you that they do not accomodate late day air fills on Saturday was incorrect. I've see dive clubs with 30 tanks get them filled up to 8pm on a Saturday. The club would simply let them know ahead of time of the approx numbers and they were more than please to help out with the air fills.

that's great... if all folks need is air, the shop is conviently located "downtown Brockville".

(PS I'll let the folks who told me know that they were mistaken with the Saturday timings)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom