OFWF Gathering -- October 25th in Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No news yet from the operator.

The boat will not be cramped with 12 divers (unless every one brings their own kitchen sink).

Sea and Sky in Prescott is open until 9pm Sat, and opens at 8am Sunday morning. Not sure what time they close Sun.
There is also a dive shop in Rockport and I believe they close at 7 Sat. but I do not know.
I prefer divetech because their "air" is o2 clean (hyperair) apparently.

Right now we definitely have a charter running out in the morning for both days.

Where
Departing from the St Lawrence Park in Brockville. This park is located at the west end of town, on the south side (duh the river side) of Hwy 2 -- aka King Street.

When entering the park you are able to drive down to the dock area and unload your gear, but you will have to move your vehicle back up the hill to the parking area.

When
For both days, be at the dock for 08:30, for departure at 09:00.

More divers?
For those of you who would like to dive, but were unable to secure a spot, can you please PM ASAP me to let me know if you would be interested in an afternoon departure 2-dive charter. I can't promise anything, but I'll do my best. I just need a number count.

PS If a charter is set, and you're traveling from afar, I would be willing to switch my Sunday morning charter with the first one who asks. After all Brockville is just down the street (OK 90 mins down) from me, so it's not a long commute.

Alternative
The Charter operator has informed me that the previous weekend -- October 18/19 has spots open for divers.

DivingGal once bubbled...
Right now we definitely have a charter running out in the morning for both days.

Alternative
The Charter operator has informed me that the previous weekend -- October 18/19 has spots open for divers.

Another Alternative
For those of us unable to book a spot or to commit to Chaters at the moment we could look at some shore dives to increase the population of Freaks on this weekend. Connie, Rothesay, Scuba Park, Rockport Wall.

The only limit is our imagination!

taz22 once bubbled...
Another Alternative
For those of us unable to book a spot or to commit to Chaters at the moment we could look at some shore dives to increase the population of Freaks on this weekend. Connie, Rothesay, Scuba Park, Rockport Wall.

The only limit is our imagination! [/B]

Excellent suggestion Taz!

(Still working on the charter thing, but these shore dives are great! hmmm decisions, decisions)

DivingGal once bubbled...

WhereMore divers?
For those of you who would like to dive, but were unable to secure a spot, can you please PM ASAP me to let me know if you would be interested in an afternoon departure 2-dive charter. I can't promise anything, but I'll do my best. I just need a number count.

Since I've not done commercial charters (I have done some boat diving), I have no idea on how long a dive trip averages. How long does a "normal" trip last? In other words, if the boat departs at 9:00am, what time would it normally return (I do realize it will somewhat depend on the location/distance of the wrecks). Or perhaps to rephrase, what time would the afternoon charter likely load/depart? All in all, an afternoon might work better for us. None of my crew (me included) are "morning" people. Of course afternoon dives would limit us to a Saturday charter or we'd be way too late getting home Sunday.

Perhaps the morning/afternoon dives would be better split between the AOW and up and the OW divers?

Groundhog246 once bubbled...
Since I've not done commercial charters (I have done some boat diving), I have no idea on how long a dive trip averages. How long does a "normal" trip last? In other words, if the boat departs at 9:00am, what time would it normally return...

Departing at 9, then going to the Lilly, then to the Gaskin and back....

I'm guestimating the charter would be back shortly after 12 --- 12:30 at the latest.

If the same charter operator were to take folks out I'm guestimating departure at 1 - 1:30 with a return 3 - 3.5 hours later. (I could be wrong... so don't quote me on the timings)

Who interested in the afternoon charter?

The following folks have expressed some interest (for themselves or for friends), are there more?

Groundhog246 (for 2)
Canuckdiver (for 1)
mcrae (for 1)

Everyone,

I'm booked to dive both Saturday and Sunday on the charter. Since I've been diving in the area before AND been on charters there before, I am willing to give up my Sunday boat spot to give someone else the opportunity to experience the great wrecks there.

PM me if interested.

Diverlady

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom