Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seem to detect a pretty nasty attitude coming from across the Atlantic. Thats too bad because we gringos tend to feel genuine affection for the British. I think somebody is pissed off that Texans have been sleeping at Buckingham Palace and they haven't. Can't we all just get along.

Brian

Scuba Jim once bubbled...

, I see that you are from Texas,

I think you read the wrong profile. I'm a "Green Mountain Boy" from the State of Vermont. That is in New England. The part of the US that King George lost in a poker game or something like that. :)

Seriously my wife and I are planing a trip to London. Niether of us have ever been to Europe. We figure England would be close enough. (only kidding-only kidding).

no Jaywalking is a strange law for us Brits to comprehend, the nearest I've ever been to the US is Barbados and I was surprised when I tried to cross a road in Bridgetown and nearly got run over with several motorists shouting out of the window "no jaywalking". I had no idea that the same law applied in Barbados!
In the UK when people are crossing the road the motorists generally slow down or manoeuvre around the pedestrian, in Barbados I'm sure they speeded up and manoeuvred towards me :D
strange how such a laid-back island drive like complete maniacs!

I think you read the wrong profile

No, that part of the message was addressed to Wreck Wench! :0 You will like England, of course. As a couple from Portland me & my wife met in Belize about 8 years ago said to us: "I think England must be just like America, but older". Belize was their first trip outside the US...

Brian - don't bust a blood vessel! It's all meant in jest! :wink:

I like my cousins across the Pond as much as the next person. While I am not the greatest fan of your illustrious prez (after all, my 5-year old daughter is better skilled in public speaking than him), I was slightly ashamed of the burning efigy, anti-Bush rallies etc etc.

BUT, your immigration staff are still the rudest, surliest most miserable bunch of barstewards on this planet!!! :wacko:

Hmmm, I think I'll hang two lanterns from my window tonight! My neighbor has a Jag he can use to notify the local populace...BTW, anyone know what the current signal for incoming Brits from the air is? Three lanterns?

Just kidding, just kidding!

Glad to see we and the Brits got over our major differences in 1814.

Now..How to spring my brother and sister from the evil nation of New Zealand.....Maybe I could teach them to dive and they could scuba back to the US.....perhaps sidemounts might be needed for the long trip...

Again Kidding!!!

This is one of those strange laws that was probably created to protect the stupid.
Don't let them cross except under specific circumstances, and they won't get hurt.

I live right next to a college town. ON campus, the pedestrian has the right of way. ALWAYS!!!
I know of at LEAST one person around here who (while OFF campus) just walked out into traffic. Was hit by a car (imagine that). When asked by the medics why they walked into the road, they said "I forgot I wasn't on campus."

Coming back from a dive trip to Bonaire I told the official who was checking us that the person in front of me was suspicious. That lil joke cost me half an hour of every possible check. I also got the worst seat for the flight back. Needless to say I was the butt of a few jokes over that one.

benncool:
Seriously my wife and I are planing a trip to London. Niether of us have ever been to Europe. We figure England would be close enough. (only kidding-only kidding).

Benn.

As a Brit who has worked in Europe for years I heartily agree. England is close enough to Europe (too damned close)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom