Oh Happy Days! My newest SM Kit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the right? Huh? Mine comes up from the left. Then I have an OPV on the lower right and upper right.

Sorry, I misspoke. The upper pull dump is on the wrong (i.e., right) side...given we route the long hose from the right cylinder, hold a cave light and run reels/spools with the right hand.

One of the reasons I sold my razor BAT wing after only one dive was I found it difficult to quickly dump gas while ascending in high flow.

Dave

Well don't let it happen again! Lol.

That makes sense. I have never had anything with a pull dump up top, so it will be a new experience for me. I guess I could try running the string over to the left shoulder some how.

I got a chance to dive this thing at Ginnie Springs and Peacock Springs this weekend. On Friday I did a quick checkout dive with it diving dry with steel PST LP95's. No weight or trim weight needed at all. It felt rock solid. I did not like the bungee setup, which I already knew I would not, but I tried that style again anyway. I was not sure how I was going to like the lower butt dring/faux buttplate. At first I was not a fan. As I started clipping in and out of it more during the dive, I started to like it a lot more. I will be keeping it. I was told by another diver, whom I trust, that when she passed me outside of the cave everything looked great.

That night I changed the bungees in to a loop style. I did this by undoing the bolt snap from each and and tying the bungee back on itself behind the shoulder plate.

Saturday I did a dive at Peacock in a 5mm wetsuit, 2mm hooded vest and Faber LP85's. I added two pounds of trim weight just below the shoulder plate. I felt trim and the gentleman I was diving with said I looked trimmed out nicely in it. I liked the bungee setup much more this way as it pulled the tanks up in line with my body. I am not sure if the 2 pounds were needed, and I will play with that on the next dive.

Changes I plan on making include, removing the top shoulder drings, removing two of the four drings from the waist, turning the shoulder tri-glides around so the welded eyelet faces in and attaching a chest strap between the two and tying the inflator in to it as described above. I am also considering shortening the length of the pull cord for the right shoulder dump valve as I want my shoulder drings slightly higher and this interferes with that.

All in all I really think it is a rock solid rig and I am glad I purchased it.

I saw another diver at Ginnie on Friday wearing one as well and I spoke with him briefly. If that was anyone here, speak up!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom