Oil at 4 miles and closing - Destin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only positive comments are allowed on SB:D, would not want to confuse anyone with differing opinions would we.

Seriously, the oil thing is a b.f. mess, lets not deny it and try to keep a positive spin going just to lure a few more tourist dollars in before the truth hits home.

Being one of the "tourists," I appreciate ALL the comments. Like myself, I am sure everyone else takes in the pos. and neg. comments and filters them to come to their own conclusions, which are probably right in the middle.
Wife and I are supposed to dive next week in PCB. But, rather than rely solely on comments here, I will contact the dive op we are scheduled with. Certainly they will not sugar coat it just to lure my $$ in. Because that would create such a distrust in them that I would likely never take my $$ to them again, regadless of the oil situation.

The truth is that many people are still enjoying our area. There is so much negative talk that people are afraid to come. It is certainly bad, and I'm sure Scubadog's more aware of that than anyone from other places. It's just that there is no need to make matters worse by scaring people away when there are plenty of reasons to come to this area. I dove last weekend and am planning to do so next weekend. Will I be able to? I don't know, but I believe there is a good chance I will. Certainly those who come here to just go to the beach should continue to come. The sensible thing to do is to keep your reservations and check up with locals just before your trip starts. Chances are you will have as great a time as you have ever had.

Well, since I have this post anyway, I'll add to my earlier thoughts. I love the gulf coast. There.

Apparently not, it happened to me on Kevin's St Andrews Jetties thread...

I thought it was me too, till I saw your posts, placed at the same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom