OK... I am now officially another DampRid convert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sabbath999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Don, I can see why ya love the stuff so much.

I didn't even have a full week to fully dry my Moisture Munchers out, just three days, but they had already turned pink to purple so I figured they were at least partially charged. I put one in each flash, and another one in the camera case the night before my dive at home in the climate control.

When I got to the site, I saw that the ones in the flashes had turned pink again, but I decided just to leave them alone since I didn't think they were really required anyway.

The one in the camera case was still purple (I had to open it, DUH, forgot to put the memory card back in the camera!) but I swapped it out anyway.

No worries, I had no condensation at all and everything went fine.

For the DampRid, I used a little container and sealed it up tight, then put it in a plastic baggy. I figure that should keep the stuff fresh enough and protect against spills.

Now I have about 10 MM's that are either purple or will be purple by the next time I dive!

Thanks guys!

I didn't even bother taking out any of the crystals. Just opened the inner bag, added as many MMs as it would hold right to that bag, closed the container (plastic tub) back up, and sealed it in an zip-lock bag. The stuff should last indefinitely. I'm into year #2. Great stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom