OK - Where do I post a video for sharing...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I didn't see a thread that might have this already, sorry if I just missed it...

I have a 14 minute video I'd like to load on a site to share with friends. Too big for emailing, too big for any of the free sites I have found so far, and certainly not good enough to start paying $5 a month for an upgraded sharing site.

Anyone know where I can park this for viewing on invitation...??

:crafty: thanks!!

My home Web site could store it -- I just got around to creating one this morning.

Hi Don!
Somebody posted earlier about

www.mpegnation.com

Apparently, it costs $5 for 6 months, per video. The video can be up to 1gig. They will convert it into formats viewable to the masses, and you can password protect your video.

I haven't tried it yet, but will be as soon as I get time.

Taxgeek

Taxgeek:
Hi Don!
Somebody posted earlier about

www.mpegnation.com

Apparently, it costs $5 for 6 months, per video. The video can be up to 1gig. They will convert it into formats viewable to the masses, and you can password protect your video.

I haven't tried it yet, but will be as soon as I get time.

Taxgeek
Cool - I don't mind paying $5 for 6 months on one vid. Sounds great for the occasional user...!!

DandyDon:
Cool - I don't mind paying $5 for 6 months on one vid. Sounds great for the occasional user...!!

Yup, that's what I"m thinking. I've got a 3 minute (!) video of my 4th of July SoCal trip that I've been sharing with people, so I've been burning it to DVDs ($1 each) and then mailing to them ($2 or 3 each) . . . this sure beats that, if it works!

Taxgeek

Otherwise, if you're computer-savvy, the latest Apache Web server for Windows is a pretty easy install, and there's a free Web builder that I'm using that seems painless -- I knocked out several pages, with linked photos and video, fairly quickly.

markfm:
Otherwise, if you're computer-savvy, the latest Apache Web server for Windows is a pretty easy install, and there's a free Web builder that I'm using that seems painless -- I knocked out several pages, with linked photos and video, fairly quickly.

Ha ha, in my dreams! :D :D :D

markfm:
I missed your first post, but got your email - thanks. I may try this later, but the $5 for one video sounds good if they have Tech Support I can talk to and understand.

I just put together my 3 clips into one, added audio and title, saved, and - can't play it. I think it's time to spend a morning with HP Tech suppport. Usually find an agent I can understand aftr 6 phone calls, altho many of them know less than I do - working at HP Tech support, OMG! :silly:

DandyDon:
I didn't see a thread that might have this already, sorry if I just missed it...

I have a 14 minute video I'd like to load on a site to share with friends. Too big for emailing, too big for any of the free sites I have found so far, and certainly not good enough to start paying $5 a month for an upgraded sharing site.

Anyone know where I can park this for viewing on invitation...??

:crafty: thanks!!
You can see how it lookslike with mpegnation if you'll wach the video clip coz 2004 on this forum

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom