OK - Where do I post a video for sharing...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost:
You can see how it lookslike with mpegnation if you'll wach the video clip coz 2004 on this forum
I don't know where you're referencing here, but I got mine loaded...

See it here if you'd like.

NAIBdiver1:
For emailing large files (up to 1 gig) I've used with success:

www.yousendit.com and it's free
Dang, I missed this this afternoon somehow. Free is even better. I know I cannot email a 1Gig file, so how does this work?

It looks like a great site for a large file I want to load, then be downloaded by the recipient. I'm loading my 91 MB file now in a test that's' going to run beyond my bedtime it seems, but I was looking for a site the viewer can view on stream like the one above, without downloading. This one certainly looks good for other uses tho?

:hmmm: I see that it can be used to send to multiple recipients, and has but a 7 day storage life. Test still running, tho - good night.

A few hours later....

Okay, the test email never arrived? I may have typed in my address wrong.

The reference link seems to work, but was going to take another 15 minutes to download on a fast Dsl. Interesting, seems useful enough to save the site for other times, but not what I was seeking. I'll look forward to using it another time, thanks. :thumb:

Okay, the test email never arrived? I may have typed in my address wrong.

The reference link seems to work, but was going to take another 15 minutes to download on a fast Dsl. Interesting, seems useful enough to save the site for other times, but not what I was seeking. I'll look forward to using it another time, thanks.

Four different attempts to generate emails with the links to be sent by the site failed. Looks like it's best to copy the link and email it yourself.

DandyDon:
Four different attempts to generate emails with the links to be sent by the site failed. Looks like it's best to copy the link and email it yourself.

So I gather mpegnation lets you send emails right on their site to your friends saying "check out my video" and having an embedded link, huh? Bummer that it's not working.

Taxgeek:
So I gather mpegnation lets you send emails right on their site to your friends saying "check out my video" and having an embedded link, huh? Bummer that it's not working.
No, I was talking about YouSentIt.com, sorry. I did both last night, and my memory is a very foggy on how I both.

Re: YouSendIt.com: They give you a box for loading the recipient's email, but that hasn't work for me yet. Here's something from their site...
New to YouSendIt? Here's what you do.

Choose who you want to send a file to. It can be anyone with an email address. You can specify multiple email addresses separated by commas.

Select a file to send. You can send photos, audio, documents or anything else. Your file will be stored by YouSendIt without ever filling up your recipient's mailbox.

Click on Send. YouSendIt will automatically email your recipient a link to your file stored on our server. Your file will be deleted after seven days.

No passwords to share, no software to install, no accounts to create, and no full mailboxes. Start sending now!

This is from Mpregnation...
Features: How it works...

Upload any video file up to 1.0GB and 1 hour in length

We convert your video into easy-to-view
Windows Media, RealVideo and QuickTime formats

Place a link to your video on any blog, auction, etc.

Unlimited viewing - place a link anywhere

No monthly fees - just one low price

Advanced features include...

Automatic inclusion in Yahoo! Video Search

Password protection for your video
The Yahoo and Password are extra cost options. The $5 is good for 6 months, then you get an option to renew it. There is a longer option available.

Anyway, I just sent the Mpregnation link to friends in my own email. My pics are not that good, but I got a friend starting Scuba class in Houston this month because of them, nonetheless.

DandyDon:
My pics are not that good, but I got a friend starting Scuba class in Houston this month because of them, nonetheless.

Gotta love that! Isn't that a great feeling? My favorite is when people ask what camera/housing combo I have and then they go out and buy it. :D (we need an icon of a smiley beating his chest, ha ha).

Taxgeek:
Gotta love that! Isn't that a great feeling? My favorite is when people ask what camera/housing combo I have and then they go out and buy it. :D (we need an icon of a smiley beating his chest, ha ha).
Oh, I'd never get away with that. This is more me: :54:

Anyone asks me what kind of cam I have, I'll include "but I'll never spend another dollar on anything Sealife." What a headache this last one has been.

DandyDon:
Oh, I'd never get away with that. This is more me: :54:

Anyone asks me what kind of cam I have, I'll include "but I'll never spend another dollar on anything Sealife." What a headache this last one has been.

Aha! A prime candidate for conversion to the wonderful world of

All Canon, All the Time! :D

and, to the lonely, unconventional, misunderstood and gigabyte intensive world of

Divers Shooting Video With Still Cameras!

Ok, maybe it would be cruel and unusual punishment to introduce you to that one. :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom