Okay, I know that July isn't the best time to come diving, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

princessaprilia

Contributor
Reaction score
snowbound Canadian fortress, AKA Regina, SK
# of dives
100 - 199
My brother's wedding is July 11, and I'm hoping to get some diving in too.

My time for the week before the wedding is totally un-structured, so are there any areas/islands that might be more protected from bad weather that I should start looking at?

I'm not looking for guarantees, but I would be heartbroken to fly all the way over here, and not get to dive.

Thanks everyone.

April

Consider Sogod Bay. When I was there in February, I was told one of the best times to dive there was during our summer. You can try sending Sogod Bay Scuba Resort an email for more info.

where's the wedding? Visayas is relatively protected from the typhoons. You can even go South to Davao if you're really worried about the weather. I've dove during July and it's not entirely bad weather.

Subic via the new SCTEX hiway is just 30 mins. away from Tarlac City. And there's Anilao in Batangas (3 hours from Manila) and Puerto Galera, Mindoro (4 hours from Manila including ferry ride), of course.

Last edited:
The wedding is in Tarlac City on Luzon, but I'm assuming that flights/boats between the islands can be had.

woohoo!! tarlac city!! that's where i'm from!! woohoo!! (i'm really just patriotic that way.. or simply uberly glad someone else knows where that place is)

30 mins tarlac to subic? id say an hour caloy.. but that's me.. i drive real slow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom