Okinawa water temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflylow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A buddy of mine and I had a wonderful dive last Saturday at a place called Tengan Pier here in Okinawa. Water temp was a chilly (by Okinawa standards) 66 degrees F (19 C) with a total of bottom time of 106 minutes. I love my twin 80s!

Saw a lot of nice life including a purple soft coral that I've never seen before. Lots of shells, a huge nudibranch (6 inches/15 cm!!) and a very shy lionfish.

:wink:

Had to brag about the water temps down here! THis is about the coldest it gets down here. 5 mil suit with a 3 mil hood and I am happy except for the changing afterwards... Then I REALLY wish I had a dry suit!

29 sounds nice by the way! I bet you had great vis but not many fish...:14:

That good news. Im on my way back down there. I dont have any dates, or how long I will be there yet, I just know we are going back. I think I might try and get a DIR-F done. Or just dive, I did a class last time I was there. Can't wait!

Mark Redmon has a DIR/F class scheduled for Feb 17-19 here in island. Last I heard we had 5 signed up for it (I'm going to shoot the video for the class) so there is space.

yo eric

how do you get out to tengan? I scouted around out there, but couldn't find an entry point. Let me know - would love to check it out.

otis

17-19 hu? Ill still need to get firm dates, I think we are pulling in just after that though. I need to shoot Mark an email about getting somthing set up... if he is going to be around. He had just left last time I was in. Where does he do the open water skills?
Im also going to see about getting an Open Water Diver class for some guys who want to learn. We are looking at Australia for this spring, so I dropped so bugs in their ears about getting it done in Okinawa so we can just dive Au.

Pac,

Your best bet is to PM C over on goatdawgs to get set up for the course. As of today, we have 4 students signed up. We can take 6 in the course so we have space for 2 more.

oodt098:
yo eric

how do you get out to tengan? I scouted around out there, but couldn't find an entry point. Let me know - would love to check it out.

otis
I'll have to show it you one of these days. Its actually a LONG snorkel to get to it. Its best to dive on doubles as it is so far out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom